Cm2, Fourstar, Brendo, Maple Mega Barleywine Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bahahahha. it was probably like that a little. has anyone taken a OG reading yet. cause im sure we did multiple ones that night but
a) im buggered if can remember which one we picked
B) we were kinda drunk

its no biggy, i can take a reading tonight. before i pitch the pacman onto the barleywine

bahahahha. it was probably like that a little. has anyone taken a OG reading yet. cause im sure we did multiple ones that night but
a) im buggered if can remember which one we picked
B) we were kinda drunk

its no biggy, i can take a reading tonight. before i pitch the pacman onto the barleywine
24.2 Brix this morning when I pitched. didn't get the Grav of the PG though.

24.2 Brix this morning when I pitched. didn't get the Grav of the PG though.
so about 1102? not bad in the end

I'll measure the PG once i have some yeast to pitch on it.

so about 1102? not bad in the end

I'll measure the PG once i have some yeast to pitch on it.

Mines hitting the yeast tonight, both of them to be exact. i'll fill you guys in on the gravity i have then. I'll take SG and Brix.

the BWtook a twin hit of US05 and the PG got rogued this morning.
delete long sentence. just realise what you menat
BW: us05 + pacman
PG: pacman

personally im still tempted to throw w1084 Irish at the PG. but something is nagging at me saying no wait for english.

what yeasts are you using?

Ive got 1/2 a longneck of THICK 1968 slurry. Going to dump the top stuff (fermented strongarm) and fill it with barleywine. Shake Shake Shake, add one cup to the partigyle and the rest to the barleywine and watch em fire! Yeeee Hawww! :beerbang:

Ive got 1/2 a longneck of THICK 1968 slurry. Going to dump the top stuff (fermented strongarm) and fill it with barleywine. Shake Shake Shake, add one cup to the partigyle and the rest to the barleywine and watch em fire! Yeeee Hawww! :beerbang:
actually now that you mention it, i do remember you saying that. beer makes details fuzzy. :D

delete long sentence. just realise what you menat
BW: us05 + pacman
PG: pacman

not quite. Barleywine was 2 packets of US05 (hence the twin hit). I was thinking initially of Pacman for the BW, but whould have had the time to build up to the cell count for it, os it went to the PG.

I am growing up some 1469 for the PG at the moment - it is going to get used for a few different beers shortly.

I've just finished growing up some Pacman, which is going to get pitched into an APA shortly which will be used as the starter for the Barleywine - so it will be sitting in the cube for a couple of weeks yet.

Brendo

It will be interesting to see the differences in these beers as per the yeast selections and pitching rates. Real interesting indeed!

Top effort boys! :lol: Great photo's.

Why are brewers sooooo attracted to nikko pens? Why? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

not quite. Barleywine was 2 packets of US05 (hence the twin hit). I was thinking initially of Pacman for the BW, but whould have had the time to build up to the cell count for it, os it went to the PG.
im going to chuck some of the pacman into the BW to get her going and continue to cutler up some more then add another pitching of it in a few days.

Ok just dumped the 1968 onto both of em:

Barleywine: 24 brix / 1.099 SG
Partigyle: 11 brix / 1.043 SG

These conversions where done via Beersmith for accuracy.

Now to watch these babies fire! :lol:

Great pic`s. That myth about HSA is just that! No such thing <_<
Looking forward to a sample a year or 2 down the track!

Great pic`s. That myth about HSA is just that! No such thing <_<
Looking forward to a sample a year or 2 down the track!
if The HSA comment was a joke I don't get it. Are u referring to no chilling?

I think he might be talking about all the pouring you had to do with stuck sparges.

Back