Clothesline peg fell into kettle and boiled for 15min

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazzarobbo

Reaction score
Hey guys, just had a brew going and was organising some hoses around the kettle when one of the clothesline pegs I was using fell into the boil and boiled for 15min.

After chilling, I transferred the wort to a cube and recovered the peg. Peg is still good, same colour and usable. I think its one of those reva superhold pegs.

Question is, will the beer be safe or should I dump it?

Cheers

15 min boil , should be sterile.
Leaching of plastic chemicals?
Parts per million of these chemicals ?, I would try it out!

True story.
About 5 or 6 years ago, my reading glasses slipped off my head into the boil.
No way to recover them until after the boil was finished, chilled, and run into the fermenter.
Glass frames were a bit faded, but the glasses worked as good as before the boil.
And the beer turned out OK.
Agree with Coodgee.

Thanks for the responses, decided to continue on so we will see how it comes out. Its a witbeer so calling it "what a pegwit" to reflect my lack brewing prowess

Could be "Relax Don't Worry Have A Home Brew".

To OP - If a peg is the worst thing you ever find in a brew, you're getting off easy.
Mark

True story.
About 5 or 6 years ago, my reading glasses slipped off my head into the boil.
No way to recover them until after the boil was finished, chilled, and run into the fermenter.
Glass frames were a bit faded, but the glasses worked as good as before the boil.
And the beer turned out OK.
Agree with Coodgee.
Brings a new meaning to the term beer goggles

Latest posts

Back