Closing A Cub Style Sanke Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppingMad

Ein Stein
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Took advantage of the legal keg buy from the Local Taphouse and now have a Canadian 30L Sanke Keg (D coupler/CUB Coupler fitting). For those who don't know what a Sanke is they have the same spout, spear and coupler fitting as CUB kegs available here.

Have opened the keg up to clean it thoroughly but am now having one hell of a time fitting the small 'O-Ring' Circlip back over the top of the spear to hold it in place. Obviously this clip needs to be in there so that the keg will hold pressure and the spear won't come out.

Has anyone who uses a Sanke Keg and has to open theirs from time to time found a way around this or got a handy trick to getting these bastards back in?
Happy to be pointed to threads on here or youtube clips.

I am well aware of all the AHB threads about opening kegs like these, but haven't been able to find any on closing one!

Help appreciated,

Hopper.

D'oh!

Looks like nobody knows how to close a Sanke keg!

(Insert emoticon of pitiful looking man weeping over computer here).

Ah well, that's the joy of AHB, it's like life's roulette wheel - you just roll it and take your chances.

Later dudes.

Hopper

This help..everything explained

Putting back would be the reverse

Last edited by a moderator:
mate have you drilled two holes in the circlip makes it alot easier to get on and off

mate have you drilled two holes in the circlip makes it alot easier to get on and off

Arent the clips hardened? You seem to be able to buy most anything from someone. If you take the old clip to a supplier of such things I bet you could find a new snap ring that would work.

I think Keg Connection in the USA has kits for kegs that have what you need. Shipping may be a bit.

Great guys thanks will check those hints out.

Have heard of people drilling holes in their clips to get them out but wasn't sure about needing one to get the clip back in.

The issue with my canadian keg might be that the clip is really long (it's like two clips wound over each other). I've tried twisting it in like a spring into the spout but it gets stuck. Will suss out these options though.

Cheers!

Hopper

Great guys thanks will check those hints out.

Have heard of people drilling holes in their clips to get them out but wasn't sure about needing one to get the clip back in.

The issue with my canadian keg might be that the clip is really long (it's like two clips wound over each other). I've tried twisting it in like a spring into the spout but it gets stuck. Will suss out these options though.

Cheers!

Hopper

Mate have you thought of contacting the manufacturer? :)

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back