Cleaning kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawky

Reaction score
Hi all
I just bought some kegs off a bloke and they are a bit dirty inside what is the best way to clean them up

Hard to go past unscented napisan and hot water. Leave it overnight and let the napisan do its thing.

Rinse well, last rinse with boiling hot water, sanitise and you're good to go.

I connect a beer disconnect to run cleaner/rinse water/sanitiser through the beer post. Only do that outside and aim it away from people, animals and things.

Try sodium percarbonate and hot water. Leave over night. If they are really grubby you might want to get some sort of brush in there first.

edit- What BDD said.Napisan has sod perc as the active ingredient.Slow typer.

Yep napisan ftw comes out spotless, it's easy and doesn't attack the stainless

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks I will give it a go someone told me to use bleach but not to much would this work

Hawky said:
Thanks I will give it a go someone told me to use bleach but not to much would this work
I heard that bleach has a habit of degrading stainless over time, whether thats true or not im not sure but i sont have any reason to go past sodium perc/nappi san since it works so well and can be left there indefinately afaik

Latest posts

Back