Cleaning A Braumeister

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humulus

Reaction score
OK ive done about 15+ brews on my braumeister,cleaned as per instruction,but im getting a tarnish on the inside and on the element and i dont want too use anything abrasive to try clean it!
Has anyone else had and or solved this?
Cheers Glenn

Make up a fairly strong citric acid solution (a tub of McKenzies from the baking section) in 2L of water and apply liberally - then use a soft toothbrush. this gets my immersion heater and urn element sparkling bright, it's mostly scale build up that causes crusting as the wort burns onto the thin layer of "fur" and citric should zap it, as well as being non toxic.

PBW brings a Braumeister back to looking BRAND NEW. Highly recommended.

PBW brings a Braumeister back to looking BRAND NEW. Highly recommended.

With a very gentle rub, i meant to add. nothing abrasive though- just chux or a washing up brush.

Caustic. Boiling hot caustic. Then rinse with citric acid solution. Then maybe a rinse with cold water. If anything can survive that it must be bloody dirty!

Oh yeah, probably should use eye and hand protection if you're gonna embark in such a venture...

Could Sodium Percarbonate (napisan) do the job?

Im just about to purchase a 20L Braumeister : )

Pbw FTW! I was trying sodium percarbonate and it just didnt cut it. Pbw for 20 mins at 70 degrees with pump running has it looking brand new

Latest posts

Back