Cider Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmsy

Reaction score
Now not a huge cider drinker myself..... so dont really know what i should be aiming for? Am wanting a nice drop for xmas for close friends.....
Had a read on here and found a few floating around..... Just curious on ppls tried and proven recipes.....
I was thinking something along off

18ltrs of apple juice perservitive free
5ltrs apple/pear juice preservitive free
2 cinamon stix
wyeast 4766

not sure if i should add any LDME or lactose or even a few apple cut up in qtrs?

any thoughts guys

Why the sticks of cinamon?

New at this cider business.

Apple and cinnamon is a good flavour combination although personally I prefer cider with apples only (ocassionally a small percentage of pear or nashi juice to add some sweetness but no spices).

Otherwise the recipe looks fine. If you add lactose, give it a quick boil and add it in at the start. I've added 500g to 20 litre batches and it isn't that sweet - just holds it back from being bone dry. These days I don't use it at all but I don't mind dry cider.

The pear juice will help with a bit of sweetness (rekative to apple juice - still dry) and I find blending different juices adds complexity. I recently added small amounts of tannic and malic acid to a finished cider and like the results. Next cider I will add the same amount in (5g each to 25 litres) at the beginning and see what effect that has.

Hmm im not a huge cider drinker well honestly i cant even remember the last time i had drunk 1 but i reckon a little sweetness would help

Latest posts

Back