Christchurch - Micro's?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger mellie

Defender of the WW - Scars to prove it.
Reaction score
Howdy Taxdodgers

Off to a mates wedding in ChCh this weekend - have Friday to kill.

Are there any micros worthy of a visit?

Cheers

RM

dux delux on the uni grounds,hereford st. from memmory.
look for the police hq ,it is too the right of plod central,as you look at it.....cheers....spog.......

Three Boys are also in ChCh.
If it was me, I'd be basing myself at the Twisted Hop as suggested. The food and beer is awesome.

Doc

Three Boys are also in ChCh.
If it was me, I'd be basing myself at the Twisted Hop as suggested. The food and beer is awesome.

Doc

Yes I agree, I had a great time there last year, the brew-master gave me a tour of the brewery as well. Very nice beer and a heap of ales on hand pump, all the beers are dry hopped in the keg.

Look for the Batz Brewery sticker.

I walked from the dux delux to The Twisted Hop, quite a hike but I like walking and found a few watering holes in between ;)

Batz

Pomeroy's. North side of CBD, up by the river. Not a brewpub but a good selection of beers from around the place, good food, great atmosphere and they're quite gentle with out of town drunks :lol:

Yes I agree, I had a great time there last year, the brew-master gave me a tour of the brewery as well. Very nice beer and a heap of ales on hand pump, all the beers are dry hopped in the keg.

Look for the Batz Brewery sticker.

I walked from the dux delux to The Twisted Hop, quite a hike but I like walking and found a few watering holes in between ;)

Batz

I'm there later in the year and love these beers.. so there is a bar there?

Twisted hop twisted hop twisted hop

:lol:

twisted_hop__Medium_.jpg

I'm off to Christchurch next month, thanks for the heads up

And while we're talking about the south Island, am heading to Nelson next month to catch up with a mate who is only holidaying there as well. Anything worth visiting in the area? Hop farms? Micros?

Get a hold of the latest SOBA news, google it, its a pdf beer mag for NZ, and aslo get the aussie beer and brewer mag, its got all of the places on the map,

From memory, Mac's (Poplar Lane) is around the corner from the Twisted Hop....

sap.

Haven't Macs stopped brewing locally and all the production pulled to Lion Nathan? The Wellington Macs Brewpub, for one, has had all its gear stripped out. :angry:

It was a while since I was there and I remember speaking with someone behind the bar and they said the beers were being brewed elsewhere but I didn't pay enough attention to where. Was with others who enjoy a beer and they had started the night at the twisted hop and weren't overly impressed which was the reason why we ended up around the corner. I was more than happy with the twisted hop on previous visits...

sap.

Back