Chinese Hop Bulk Buy Fallout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has foretold of his resurrection

Did someone supposedly do that about 2000 years ago, maybe he will call himself Jeebers Cripes :)

There was about $450 left over so GS sent that to me and I picked up bags of $2 and $1 coins from my bank and took them to the hop day and put them in an ice cream bucket at the end of the packing table

That is a very interesting bit of information Bribie, as GS said in an earlier post that he was out of pocket on this bulk buy :huh:

cheers

Browndog

That is a very interesting bit of information Bribie, as GS said in an earlier post that he was out of pocket on this bulk buy :huh:

cheers

Browndog

Yeah I recall that..... something smells Chinese hops in the brewery.....

Playing devils advocate here....
With 'the fall out' from the Chinese hop bb, one could see some peoples point of view about being against then.
Then again I've been involved in almost 10? Various bulk buys, organized 3 and never had a problem. Never of this magnatude though. There is something to be said for complexity I guess

I haven't brewed in a couple months so haven't tried them yet. Judging by the reaction it's going to be interesting using up 3kg. Mega late hopped ipa may have to be the way to go. Throw in 500g in 30L. That should use them up.

Throw in 500g in 30L. That should use them up.
you will need that amount to get any flavour unfortunately.

cheers

Browndog

Tomorrow I'll be making a SMASH beer with Marco Polo, I'll post some thoughts about it in the flavour of the week thread.

anyone notice that craftbrewer is having a clearance special on chinese hops. $1.50 per 90g. LMAO

anyone notice that craftbrewer is having a clearance special on chinese hops. $1.50 per 90g. LMAO

I believe you need to show 'proof' that your brewing skills are sufficient to use these hops! :D

Cheers SJ

Anyone noticed that Craftbrewer Radio missed an episode? Could this be fallout?

I think he's figuring out how to put his despisal of AHB into words he can pronounce incorrectly.

Anyone noticed that Craftbrewer Radio missed an episode? Could this be fallout?

Quite possible that the episode went ahead, you just didn't have the listening skills to hear it! :p

Cheers SJ

al-capone.jpg

He's been takin' care of...
For Sale

Concrete booties used only once. Will have to retrieve yourself from Picnic Bay area

My only attempt at an Aussie Ale using all Cluster (We all know Aussie Ales have little flavour & no aroma) resulted in no flavour, no aroma. With this hop schedule I had hoped for some flavour but no aroma. Got zilch from the fresh keg but live in hope. :rolleyes:

15g = 11.8% IBU FWH @ 90
25g = 8.3% IBU @ 15
60g = 14 .6% IBU @ 10

Total IBU = 34.7

Not complaining as we all went into this hop buy with our eyes wide open & can't complain about an experiment gone wrong when it cost SBA.

Think of the fun posts we've read. :p

TP

Correction --- After another 5 days from the initial tasting some flavour is coming through.

Did someone supposedly do that about 2000 years ago, maybe he will call himself Jeebers Cripes :)

Or wouldn't he just refer to himself as "the original craftbrewer Jesus Christ" ? (Sorry couldn't help it) :blink:

My only attempt at an Aussie Ale using all Cluster (We all know Aussie Ales have little flavour & no aroma) resulted in no flavour, no aroma. With this hop schedule I had hoped for some flavour but no aroma. Got zilch from the fresh keg but live in hope. :rolleyes:

15g = 11.8% IBU FWH @ 90
25g = 8.3% IBU @ 15
60g = 14 .6% IBU @ 10

Total IBU = 34.7

Not complaining as we all went into this hop buy with our eyes wide open & can't complain about an experiment gone wrong when it cost SBA.

Think of the fun posts we've read. :p

TP

Correction --- After another 5 days from the initial tasting some flavour is coming through.
Rhats really interesting tidal. I've got 1kg of cluster so it good to get an idea of the amounts I'll have to use.

As u said we went into this with eyes open about an untried hop.
Maybe for an IPA we need to use a full 1kg! That would be a great 'empty kettle' pic

TP, if you made it again would you up to schedule? And also how is the taste, its it nice or is it a hop that that you would rather not be in there.

QldKev

Back