Chilli Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasty73

Reaction score
OK, I have looked for my last topic on this but can't seem to find it. I made a chilli beer a few months ago and it has turned out AWESOME. Ingredient were can of Tooheys Lager, 1 kilo dextrose and 9 red chilli's chopped up into fermenter. Fermented for 27 days. Chilli's simmered for 5 minutes in boiled water with the dextrose. Started drinking it after 2 months in the bottle. It tastes like any other batch made without chilli but has that nice hot after taste, just like when you eat a nice chilli beef or any other sort of chilli food.

Hey Fasty,

Great to hear to worked out well, maybe you should put it up on the recipe DB.

You still running the A/C in the spare room for fermentation or you got yourself a fridge after you got the electricity bill?

OK, I have looked for my last topic on this but can't seem to find it.

This one? Took me two seconds... I clicked the little down arrow that appears when the mouse is hovered beside your member name in the first post in this thread and then clicked 'Find Member's Topics' and whattya know... 10th on the list ;)

This one? Took me two seconds... I clicked the little down arrow that appears when the mouse is hovered beside your member name in the first post in this thread and then clicked 'Find Member's Topics' and whattya know... 10th on the list ;)

Damn you!!! I tried looking up my post's but nothing came up, then I tried the tittle "chilli beer" and still no luck. I hate this interweb thingo. LOL Yes I still run my A/C but only for about 7 hours a day. Hard to fit 4-6 fermenters in a fridge.

Good for you Fasty!

I love chilli too and making chilli beer is a passion of mine.

I am curently drinking a american mango chilli wheat which is fantastic. Used one Jolkia Bhut secondary fermented with the mango worked a treat.

Leg

best results I had with Chilli beer was to slow heat the chillis in the oven until they were all glossy and caramlised, it does two things sterilises the chilli so that your wort stays clean and the yeast also attacks the sugars on the chilli created by the caramilisation.....be bery very careful :D

Latest posts

Back