Chiller Font Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am having some problem with my three tap chiller font. I hooked it all up, and the chiller has been working fine, not freezing, but getting heaps of condensation. Very Happy.

Last week the right side of the font seems to be chilling a lot slower than the left side. Upon inspecting the internals of the font, I noticed that there was a t piece at the top of the font, which the chiller pipe should attach to. So after half an hour, I got it connected, and switched the pump on, almost instant condensation. Was now extremely happy.

Long story short, haven't had a beer since OZ Day, decided to have one today, switch on the pump, whilst the font got freezing cold to touch, no condensation, not one bit. I left the pump on for an hour, still nothing.

Any ideas? Sorry for the long winded story.

Cheers,
Jase

the font should have some end panels that conect with hex nuts.
Take these off and inside should be a screw.
it is possible u have some air bubbles trapped.
Ensure the pump is on and loosen the screw until the chilled water/glycol/antifreezer flows without air bubbles.

Hope this helps

Quick question Jase,

How do you deal with the condensate(when it happens) dripping onto the bar top??....Just a towel??

If you have a flooded font running ideally you want a proper drip tray set up with a drain in it running to a bucket or similar below the bar. Thats the case with all the ones ive seen in the past anyway.

Linz said:
Quick question Jase,

How do you deal with the condensate(when it happens) dripping onto the bar top??....Just a towel??
Hi Linz,

Funny enough, the font doesn't seem to drip onto the bar. I was concerned about this also, but it doesn't seem to do it.

An update on the chiller, I turned down the flow rate on the pump, and the chiller is starting to chill, but not as well as before. The font still cold, so I think that's the main thing.

Cheers,
Jase

Back