Chill Haze

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

just an update, i gave gelatine a whirl in one of my culprit kegs and after a week it was cystal clear without any apparent flavour loss
so if anyone wants to go down that track the stuff works. but for me i don't think i'll bother with it down the track.

Cheers Rob.

Tony,

You use kettle finings don't you?? Polyclar is basically a post ferment fining & it provides a very good fix for haze issues, I personally have no issues using it against any other finings. I wouldn't call it a chemical or an additive, as it's an inert plastic, that drops completely out your beer. Preferable in my book to adding acids etc to your mash, which are chemicals & additives. B)

Cheers Ross

Was wondering if you or anyone else has ever used KHT (cream of tartar) I was actually talking to the boss at work today about chill haze. Most white wines are consumed cold which means they need to be cold stable. To prevent them becoming hazy we add KHT and chill to around -2c. This apparently takes certain unwanted properties out of the wine. Would this not be the same case with beer??

BYB

Latest posts

Back