Chest Freezer And Bar Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danial

Reaction score
This is going to be a very large project, Im going to share the build with you guys step by step all the way.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions at all!

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_007.jpg

Picture_008.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_010.jpg

Picture_011.jpg

Picture_012.jpg

Picture_013.jpg

Picture_014.jpg

Picture_015.jpg

Picture_016.jpg

Picture_017.jpg

Picture_029.jpg

Picture_030.jpg

Picture_031.jpg

Danial, are those cable glands you've used for the lines through the freezer collar?

Screwy

Loving it so far!

Keep us updated.... and don't spare the eye candy B)

nice job so far dan, looking fwd to seeing the font on the bar, are you flooding it ? i don't see a lot of room for the reservoir and pump in the frzr.

cheers
yard

Im guessing you mean using glyco?

Im going to use my bar fridge freezer with glyco, bar fridge will be under the bar near the font.

yeah mate, glycol.
are you building the bar from scratch ?
cheers
yard

Yeah mate, solid jarrah top . Im milling railway sleepers in my workshop into a top. Then having a kitchen bench 200mm lower to sink the taps into. Under the bar I will have a chiller box made for two fermenters pulling air from the chest freezer. Lots of work to do so far I have been working on this under a week. I have a very understanding wife :) who is my assistant in the photo.

I see you guys have alot of saying on here well short hand? Like IMO can you guys give me a run down on these please?

Under the bar I will have a chiller box made for two fermenters pulling air from the chest freezer.

if the font is flooded this must be added cooling for the beer lines yes ?
cheers
yard

now that youve posted the pics maybe throw up the measurements of wood, fittings etc for those thinking of attempting to do the same.

nice job.

Lookin good Danial. :super:
Your not a cabinetmaker by any chance are you?
i use those "cable Glands" or whatever you call them for the airlock seals on my fermenters too..work a treat.

How dare you citym :D
Change your name to "DirtyOldBugman"

Sqyre... ;)

I didnt write up the measurements because I milled the timber to the exact size to suit the thickness of the freezer. Theres 2x7mm of ply and the pine is 32mm thanks to my thickness planner making up 46mm which suit the thickness of freezer.

Im not a cabniet make Im a plasterer by trade.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions!

Heres a pic of the glands I used, they come in a range of sizes.

Picture_025.jpg

Picture_027.jpg

O my bad sorry missed that question! Yes it will add cooling to the beer lines. I think the glycol will be at -4 degress

O my bad sorry missed that question! Yes it will add cooling to the beer lines. I think the glycol will be at -4 degress

salright...

just so i understand :rolleyes: , you'll be running glycol from a resovoir in the fridge through an extra cooling box under the bar to the font ?

i'm sort of at this stage with my bar atm and i'm thinking the extra cooling box might not be necessary, wondering why you think the glycol might not be enough on its own.

cheers
yard

Im going to run my glycol from my bar fridge frezzer so its not going to be a pain in the arse when moving kegs . More stable temp for the glycol and plus it has its own place.

Im going to experiment with using Car coolant because it is Glycol as well hence why it's anti freeze anti boil. Will not freeze till around -18c .

Im going to run my glycol from my bar fridge frezzer so its not going to be a pain in the arse when moving kegs . More stable temp for the glycol and plus it has its own place.

Im going to experiment with using Car coolant because it is Glycol as well hence why it's anti freeze anti boil. Will not freeze till around -18c .

I would suggest not using auto coolant as it is not good for drinking, if some should manage to permiate beer lines in your font it could put a real downer on your drinking session. :icon_vomit:

Contact Craftbrewer for some food grade glycol designed for this exact use.

Cheers FROGMAN...

What IS "food grade" glycol? If it's an ethylene glycol product it's toxic no matter how it's marketed... :huh:

Latest posts

Back