Cheese Making Supplies & Kits At Lhbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elissamac

Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought I'd pass on that a lot of LHBS now stock Cheesemaking supplies & kits. Country Brewer has their own range & The Brew Shop at Peakhurst now stocks Mad Millie's range. Much better than buying online, no waiting around the post box for your goodies to arrive.
I've just done a one day workshop at Northbridge via The Cheesemaking Workshop, google them, it was very worthwhile. I got a kit from Country Brewer & a book, but it really helped to have a hands on day to fine tune my cheesemaking processes. Now I have my fridge full of Camemberts maturing for Christmas Pressies, plus ofcourse my Christmas cheer beer.
I also have made ricotta, fetta & quark, sooo much better than the stuff that's been sitting in the deli for weeks. My attempt at parmesen is still 10 months away from tasting, so I can't comment on that yet.

Blessed are the cheesemaking & lord knows I need all the blessing I can get ;)

s. Country Brewer has their own range & The Brew Shop at Peakhurst now stocks Mad Millie's range. Much better than buying online, no waiting around the post box for your goodies to arrive.

Unless of course, you dont live anywhere near Peakhurst or a Country Brewer store. :D

Seriously though, I too bought the Camembert kit & book from CB, online - I've just been waiting for a spare weekend to finally get around to making it! Do you age it in a temperature controlled fridge @11C or just in your kitchen fridge at ~4C?

Back