Cheap Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo :D

guess what arrived today....
Four 3 gal kegs :p . All with oval lids and in fairly decent condition.
Ordered on the 22nd of December, at my house today, ~76 days wait, not bad really. Invoice on my credit card came to $260 which included a few quick disconnects as well. :party:

I'm starting to get excited too - Ordered mine on 1st Jan & I guess will have been on same vessel - previous order mid December arrived a month ago - you must have just missed a monthly sailing I reckon...

my 4 ordered 16Oct 2004 are not here.

CC Equip will NOT Answer my E-mails - so 200.00 AUS Dollars Written off.

The 4 i ordered 3Oct 2004 arrived pre XMAS.
I think they did not send my 16Oct2004 order...

NOT Happy...

Will not respond to e-mails - will not confirm my 4 were posted.

WILL NOT BUY THRU THEM AGAIN.

GMK

I'm having the same troubles.

Ordered 4 kegs in Nov and some other bits and pieces.

The 4 kegs arrived but half the other bits didn't.

Teh box was well packaged and did not look tampered with - so I'm pretty sure they just did not send the bits.

I have emailed his two email addresses at least 10 times with no response. I emailed him via his Ebay shop/site, but no response. I even emailed Brewers Discount, the sister company and asked if MAtt was still alive, but no response.

It is only $19 US so not as bad as your loss - but I'm pretty p!ssed that he can't even reply to an email. He is still trading on Ebay though, so in effect he is just stealing money from unsuspecting punters.

I've been meaning to call Brewers Discount and ask the question. I also payed by PayPal so may have some chance to get money back. As I said - its only $19 US so not to worried about teh money - more a principle thing.

The thing that really got up my nose is if you read through the feedback on his ebay site. He does get some negative feedback from people and then comes back at them with all guns blazing. What a hipocrite.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers - Richard.

how do u get money back thru pay pal - e-bay said it was passed their 60 day limit - as he quotes upto 12 weeks for shipment....

hope yours turns out all right.

cant leave negative feed back on e-bay for the same reason.

I have always ordered via the BD website , I have used in many times and never had a problem

Batz

I tried ordering some keg parts via their BD Web site when they had a 10 % off sale - around 70.00 USD - still have not proceesed the order..

This was last October - 20004.

I thought dealing with "Lynn" from St Pats was bad - but at least she replied to e-mails - even if it was just to give u a roasting....

GMK - I hadn't read the fine print for Paypal - so will write off the $19. Ta

Batz - yeah, I think that's the best bet. Give C&C a wide berth. It's just a shame that they can't fit 4 kegs in a box, which was really the only advantage of dealing via C&C.

Sorry to hear that guys, but yeah it sounds like you've got a problem :(

I have ordered numerous times from BD, yes I have had a few problems with missing parts of my orders but they were replaced with either a new order sent out with the right parts or they were included in the next order I made with them. So I can't complain, they've done right by me.

I really am sorry to hear you've run into strife. I think the no tracking no. bit of the surface shipping doesn't help matters either as you can't tell if they have been sent or what? Lets just hope by some miracle they arrive for you. FWIW I don't think I'll order kegs again, I just dont like/trust that surface shipping.

Fingers crossed for you guys.

Justin

I'm waiting on 2 x 3 gal kegs. Ordered in Jan and I've been charged so I've got my fingers crossed. I put off ordering for about 4 months because I had my doubts. I didn't really have a large choice of suppliers for 3 gal kegs though :(

Beers,
Doc

This sux hey, it's hard when the US market is so much cheaper then the AUS market for kegs.

If ony someone could bring in a pallet or 2 of kegs and sell at a resonable price, wouldn't they go like a flash.

I will only order from brewers discount because I had huge troubles getting an email reply from C&C. BD was not much better but atleast all my ordered have turned up and most emails were answered.

Oh I hope you guys are wrong ...I orded 8 kegs on the 13 feb , got email 16 th saying shiped out on the 15th ,,,heres hopeing .... wow and I was worryed about waiting for a cyclone now I need real paitance.....

I was abel to leave feedback as its only a month , so I just asked matt to have a look at this topic .... as a neutral .

What more can we do ....
Bloody yanks....
:cheers: fnqbunyip

FWIW, I know the Mountain Goat brewery bought a container load of 50l kegs in from a broker in Europe last month...someone out there is selling these to Aus. in bulk.

The problem with ebay/PayPal is that when you have problems with sellers you get stiffed and they keep trading. The one time Tracey got her money back off ebay, they deduct US$25.00 handling and base the refund on item cost only, not including shipping/handling. If you buy something for US$100, and pay $30 shipping, the most you can get back under their rules is $75, and that's AFTER jumping through all the hoops.

I have had 3 orders from B D and so far no problems but they are really shit at replying to emails

I order 4 x 3 gals from C&C in december which arrived last month, Orders 4 x 5 gal 1st of Jan & still waiting. I asked Matt why the shipping took so much longer than the shipping link states & he told me it's a mystery to them as well, but it does. So I asked him if i paid for the airfreight which says 5 working days, would I get them in 5? He went off his head & told me to stop complaining - didn't complain at all - the guy's just an arrogant yank....

sorry to hear guys of ypur probs but i hate buying stuff form over seea i wonder gmk if you bank can do any thing to help as may u could try and report them for changing your card with out delivering it may not owrk but it work a try

UK kits inferior, hey.... Your heart not your head talking there...

It's a bit off topic, but I'm really disappointed to read the experiences regarding ordering kegs from the dodgy brothers in the US. Had hoped to order some myself, but it seems too much of a gamble.

I wish Fred from CranknStein was selling the kegs, have ordered a mill which is on it's way, now their is some great service. Fred emails to let to know whats happening at all stages. A real pleasure to do business with.

As I said I have ordered 4 lots of kegs and 5-6 seperate orders for other bits from BD , I may have been lucky but I personally are happy with thier service.

Very disappoionting to hear about orders not arriving , I can see why you guys will not use them again.

emails are not thier strong point I must admit <_<

Batz

die sudhausanlage said:
Hopefully every one gets my point BUY AUSTRALIAN and Help our Home Brewing industry.

BTW Woolworths is american = Safeway.

So when people buy HB gear from Woolies is goes right back to UNCLE SAM.

[post="48794"][/post]​

What ever gives you this idea? Woolies is definitely not and never has been a US company. BTW I dont work for them.

Wobbo

Latest posts

Back