Cheap Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi GMK,
I didn't order on e-bay but direct on the website to BD.
There was a little confusion but I just put it down to the Xmas rush, and in the end it was all sorted out
Cheers

I have ordered 3 lots of kegs plus many other bits through BD , I am very happy with the service provided and will use them again

Batz

I ordered four 4 gal kegs on the 22nd of December, but they have yet to arrive....according to BD they have been sent, im hoping Au post comes up with the goods soon.

Doc Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM
Excellent Dicko.
Pleased you are happy.
I'm eagerly awaiting my 10 litre kegs ordered a few weeks back.
For those interested 2 x 10 litre kegs including shipping was AU$141

Doc, was the shipping on those two kegs around the $45 mark?

I'm looking at getting a couple.

jimmysuperlative said:
Doc Posted Yesterday, 08:24 PM
Excellent Dicko.
Pleased you are happy.
I'm eagerly awaiting my 10 litre kegs ordered a few weeks back.
For those interested 2 x 10 litre kegs including shipping was AU$141

Doc, was the shipping on those two kegs around the $45 mark?

I'm looking at getting a couple.
[post="45088"][/post]​

Yes. US$35 per keg (reconditioned ones). I bought two. Then just over US$70 for postage.

Beers,
Doc

BigAl said:
I ordered four 4 gal kegs on the 22nd of December, but they have yet to arrive....according to BD they have been sent, im hoping Au post comes up with the goods soon.
[post="45085"][/post]​

How do you know they were sent? I have emailed BD 3 times now asking for the tracking number from UPS but have got nothing back. (First email in december) :angry:

However I did receive this tracking number with my first order I make in october. :blink:

I think they must just answer some times, not too happy about the whole situation and the way they run their business but it's the cheapest option really.

I have placed 2 ordered including 4 kegs (3 X 5, 1 X 3) and a whole heaps of bits and pieces....

** Sitting, Waitng, Hoping **

I have ordered from them a few time and yes they are very slack with there emails. But eventually they get her it has taken up to 12 weeks for me o get stuff.

When I placed my order, Batz told me to expect a 3 month delivery time and I was very surprized when mine came a lot quicker.

I only ordered three kegs per box and not four as some of you have.
I think the four kegs per box becomes an issue with the different postal people and may cause problems in transit.

I know the order of four makes the kegs a bit cheaper once landed in Aus, but the saving may not outway the hassle in some cases.

Anyway I hope it all turns out OK with your deliveries,

Cheers

sluggerdog said:
BigAl said:
[post="45085"][/post]​

How do you know they were sent? I have emailed BD 3 times now asking for the tracking number from UPS but have got nothing back. (First email in december) :angry:

However I did receive this tracking number with my first order I make in october. :blink:

I think they must just answer some times, not too happy about the whole situation and the way they run their business but it's the cheapest option really.

I have placed 2 ordered including 4 kegs (3 X 5, 1 X 3) and a whole heaps of bits and pieces....

** Sitting, Waitng, Hoping **
[post="45094"][/post]​

I think I spoke too soon, my kegs have just arrived.... DOH! haha

YAY! :D

Hi Slugger,
I dont think any goods would arrive quicker than 9 weeks on standard postal service.
I note that you only had 3 x 5 and 1 x 3 and this would mean a smaller package I would assume.
It is appearing that the larger parcels are taking longer??????

You maybe correct here Dicko

I ordered 4 kegs then a month later odered 3 more , they all arrived the same day !

Batz

Good for you slugger :D
I will continue waiting :(

After emailing them several times i eventullay got a one line email back saying something like:

"Your kegs have been sent, our credit card charging system is down so it hasnt been charged yet"

Cheers.

GMK

- I'm also having "email issues" with C&C. Ordered 4 kegs which turned up OK. But I also ordered a few other bits that didn't turn up. I've emailed a few times over the past 3 weeks but have not got a response. It's only $19 US so I'll probably write it off as a bad ebay experience - but a tad pissed that they can't even respond to the emails.

BigAl said:
Good for you slugger :D
I will continue waiting :(

After emailing them several times i eventullay got a one line email back saying something like:

"Your kegs have been sent, our credit card charging system is down so it hasnt been charged yet"

Cheers.
[post="45146"][/post]​

I'll be waiting with you as I still have another order due very soon.. <_<

My second order from BD turned up today (YAY) This one came in 6 weeks which was a surprise.. a nice surprise!

I got caught with cargo on a broken down vessel a few years back - the captain claimed "general salvage" - which basically meant, that unless the ship had broken through neglect, everybody with cargo had to pay for the rescue & repair of the vessel including loss of wages atc for the crew (upto value of your cargo) - the only way you could get your cargo off the ship was to pay for them again to the loss adjusters - took 18 months of investigations & ended up costing me $18,000 - shit happens....

Hi guys,

just checked the internet banking online, our order for 4 kegs plus some small bits has been charged 90USD postage instead of 70USD postage.

hmm

wow ross thats not a good story ,, the things that they get away with,, its unreal...

It blew me away as you can imagine - My goods were valued at nearly $100,000, so the $18,000 was quite a result really once the captain was cleared of neglect - the damages came to over USD 1,000,000 so i was fortunate that there was plenty of other high value cargo on board to reduce my exposure... some of the old maritime laws are in serious need of updating

Back