Cheap Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Settle guys
You have to wait for the ship to arrive , it's not aussie post

Batz

I ordered a couple of 3 gal ones today.
Should be here just in time for my birthday in May :p

Doc

Jase, tell me about Australia Post leaving stuff on your bloody door :eek: :angry: :unsure:

I thought the deal was that if your package didn't fit in your letter box and you weren't home to answer the door then they left the card. I've had numerous things (and not cheap things either) left on my door by Aust Post. I tend to head home part way through the day if I know something is being delivered so I can get the bloody thing off the door step before someone knocks it off. I used to live on a very pedestrian busy street and it scared the beegeezus out of me.

FWIW I've also had them deliver my package to other units before (I live in a set of villa units :eek: (the doors of the villa weren't clearly numbered at that stage, new buildings etc, but the letter boxes were clearly marked). But instead of asking or just dropping the card in the RIGHT letter box they knocked on my neighbours door during the day and he answered it and the guy goes "here your package" and walked off. Luckily I know the neighbour and he brought it round that night. It was my March pump so $200+. Lot to be said for registered post.

Now where are my kegs? ;)

Cheers, JD

anyone ordered lately are they still around $50AUD each delivered (5 gal, ball lock, non racetrack?). The damn price keeps going up

kman check your email, maybe get a geelong group buy happening.

The 5gal are still $20.50US for the unreconditioned ones. Reconditioned ones $25.50 on Brewersdiscount. The 3 gal have gone up from 32.50 to 35.50.

yeah what do you's guys recommend BD or ebay: usedequip, or are they essentially the same guys?

- usedequip has them for $25US with a seal kit per a keg.
- works out ot be 220 for 4?

Fammer said:
yeah what do you's guys recommend BD or ebay: usedequip, or are they essentially the same guys?

- usedequip has them for $25US with a seal kit per a keg.
- works out ot be 220 for 4?

The BD kegs have been reconditioned, as opposed to the ebay ones, which supply the kit.

I thought that the delivery times differed between the two, i.e. BD 4-6 weeks and ebay up to 12 weeks, but could be wrong.

As mentioned earlier, I am more than happy with the four kegs, I received from BD.

Both are still cheaper than the $85 per keg from the local HBS.

Cheers,
Jase

howdy guys
just bought a keg from my lhb bloke for 60 bucks . so im happy with not having the stress of waiting for the post or them delivering to the wrong address.
Justin youre in Tassie arent you ??? send me a pm and i'll give ya details if you wish!!

Cheers Halfinch

my local store sells them at $74, well they did last time i picked one up, about 5 months ago now

kman said:
my local store sells them at $74, well they did last time i picked one up, about 5 months ago now
Hells Bells !

Up here in Karratha a guy who operates a little HB shop from his house sells them for $65.00

Batz

i ordered 4 x 5 gal kegs from c&c on 15 dec and they arrived yesterday. all are oval spartanburg challengers. reasonable condition for used kegs. all have pepsi labels / stickers on them.

one of the local hbs' had better & worse kegs for $80, so still ahead price wise.

i was thinking about getting 2 x 3 gal kegs. im presuming c&c would still ship 4 to a box. anyone else in syd interested in 2 ?

No joke Batz? Last time I went to the HBS in Karratha they were $100, this was a few months ago now. Also I'm told he got in some 10L kegs before Christmas.

Certainly am Redbeard. PM me if you want to go ahead with it. :)

Redbeard, How much did it cost for you to get the 4 from C&C?

The shipping seems to vary alot from them.

How much did it cost for you to get the 4 from C&C?

im pretty sure i paid $us68 postage, as thats on my email & i think on the postal invoice, thou i should really look at my visa statement ;-) altogether it was $us168.80 after looking at invoice ie $us100 for kegs & some spare poppets/gaskets and 68.40 postage
(edited)

Hi All,

I ordered 3 10 litre kegs from BD on the 7/12/04 and got them yesterday.
Pleased with that except:
I also ordered 2 faucets, or beer taps as we may call them, to fit the outlet side of the keg and they came without the threaded disconnects so at the moment I am
P O'ffed.
However:
I emailed them and they said that they were sending them with some 20 litre kegs that I ordered at the same time.
Cant see why they didnt send it all together, even if it was two packages.
Anyway, I will see what happens and report on this topic as the mystery unfolds.

Now I said I would report back and the final outcome was good.
After a couple of emails back and forward, Terry from BD got my gear all sorted out and I got the balance of my complete order today.
I've allready hooked up the faucet to one of the ten litre kegs and have been drinking the remainder of my mash paddle entry this afternoon.
I am very pleased with the kegs and the 20 litre ones came with all the parts replaced as I had requested.
The ten litre kegs came with all the little parts to recon them and it only takes a few minutes on each keg to do the job.
I only wish that I had ordered all my kegs from BD instead of getting them in Aus and I had ordered a few more ten litre ones as this size makes your brew quantities very flexible.
So from order to receival was 9 weeks including a Christmas period which I recon is pretty good. :D

Cheers

Excellent Dicko.
Pleased you are happy.
I'm eagerly awaiting my 10 litre kegs ordered a few weeks back.
For those interested 2 x 10 litre kegs including shipping was AU$141

Beers,
Doc

dicko said:
So from order to receival was 9 weeks including a Christmas period which I recon is pretty good. :D

My Order will be 9 weeks on Thursday so heres hoping ** Fingers Crossed ** :huh:

Those ten litre ones are great Doc as it means that you can bottle some from a 20 litre brew and still have a full keg so as not to waste co2 and obviously great for a mini party etc.
Cheers

Dicko

Good news on your Order.

I am having problems with mine.
Tried e-mailing them 4 times now - no reply.

Order 4 20ltrs on 3 Oct04 - got here December
Ordered another 4 on Oct19 - still not here - asked for an e-mail to confirm the Oct19 order - they said they were posted but i am not so sure.
Asked them to check and confirm and if sent allready try and find out where....

No Answer.....

Not Very Happy JAN....

If I ran GMK Enterprises like this i would not have a business.
Was thinking or ordering another 4 or 8....

But will not bother with them now....

As i said - i have my doubts on whether the second lot was actually posted.

I will report it to e-bay soon if i dont get an answer by the end of the week.

Back