Cheap Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of cheap kegs, I dont think you can go past my bargain the other day - a used corny keg in good nick from the Canberra Tip for $5!!

Wobbo

rant removed, two many bevies last night, far too off topic :)

$5 keg, jealous :ph34r:

Any way back to the topic I can get 19 L coca cola kegs here in wagga for $45inc gst.

There are loads of them here. The have a 50mm round opening and Pin Locks.

I have converted some over to ball lock and they work fine.

Easy to clean.... Steelo soap pad on the end of a bit of old Broomstick.

I find that they seal really well, maybe even a better seal than the oval lids IMO.

But each to his own.

DS

Peter,

You offering up to people on the forum?

any chance of a pic (top & fittings)?....

$45 kegs, hmmm. Peter any details, e.g would it be possible to contact a supplier and get some shipped up? I'm sure it would be cheaper than $95 a keg up here.

Yeah the kegs are at Gil Mathews steel supplies wagga wagga number is on white pages.

If you guys want them you can ring him. I havent got time to do the leg work for free.

So I'd thought Id post them on the forum for you guys.

DS

Thanks die sudhausanlage.

If it's these people:
STEEL SUPPLIES PTY LTD

There's No Flies On Steel Supplies

10 Say St Wagga Wagga 2650
(02) 6971 8255

I'll have to call Monday, not there at the moment

To all.

RE: Email non responsiveness.
Whoever posted the Neutral feedback on ebay asking us to check this forum...THANK YOU. We read that several emails have been sent to us w/ no response. We have found out that our ISP's latest round of email spam filters was blocking out emails w/ .AU suffixes. SO.....
If you have emailed us in the last month or so, PLEASE email us again with your question.

RE: "Treaty Aussies w/ contempt"
No, to do so is not only bad business, it is bad "humanness". BUT...if we receive an email that was composed by a writer that was obviously intoxicated (spelling mistakes, verbage style, non cohearance of sentences, etc. - as has happened in the past,) we will let the writer know that their message may need to be "re-written", so to speak.
RE: Keg shipping
We have picked up THE LAST batch from Pepsi Pac Northwest (the Western U.S.) for 2005. We still have them @ $22.50/e w/ a new GSet included w/ each keg. Still can send 4 per box.

RE: Sales History.
If you look at our ebay Feedback, you will see many happy customers (ebay ID: usedequip)

RE: Transit (shipping) time
Once again, even though the U.S. Postal website says under 45 days, it is our experience that transit time using U.S. Parcel Post Economy Surface shipping is eight to twelve weeks.

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea

Let's try these emails again..... c&[email protected] or [email protected]

Matt

With all due respect - I have been trying to email you for over 2 months.

I have sent over 10 emails.

I have emailed your C&C address, your Pepsi equip address and have even sent Brewers Discount two emails asking if C&C was still in bsuiness.

I even sent you a message via your eBay site.

I received no response or bounce backs from any message.

I will send them again - but I find it pretty weird that you can run an on line bsuiness without being able to recieve emails for over 2 months ?????

Richard.

die sudhausanlage

I will save you and others the trouble:
Matthew J. Chitiea
530-626-8223
2781 Boardwalk
Placerville, Ca. 95667-4721

Now, to get a little personal; Your last post was simply assinine. From your MANY OTHER posts here, it is obvious you have a Anti-American attitude. As for Quick disconnects, etc. -I- check every export order that leaves here for completeness of parts. Here at C&C we have NEVER had a incomplete order. What we HAVE HAD are SOME INDIVIDUALS that try to get something for nothing by saying "...we received one item but not the XXXX". Sorry folks, If the gaskets go into the bag, the "higher value" quick disconnect go in at the same time.

I am sorry if we lost YOU as a customer, but, again by looking at our feedback, OTHERS will see we are doing just fine with shipments and quality of goods.

I wish YOU the best of luck in your brewing; but please, turn down the Anti American rhetoric; it is not appropriate for this forum and...if I may say, if you are under the age of 45, Ask your Grandparents what they think of America (Americans).....you MIGHT learn something.

Oh....and I will save you and others more time; Here is our feedback link. Go to the bottom of the page and click on the box to show 200 posts per page.
If we were trying to "rip people off" there would be a visible pattern. Sorry, Die Sausage (!), your claim is invalid.

Now, to the two individuals that have not received orders, PLEASE email us your info and/or Paypal transaction #. If the items were not sent out, we will send them express post this week AND throw in some extra goodies for our MISTAKE!
Thank you, Matt Chitiea

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...serid=usedequip

I have deleted my "pissed off posts" I am ready to re submit.

Suggestions for Matt.

Learn from this and fix up this situation. You stand to do good business from this forum if you just review your business practices.

Cool,

DS

Order placed, fingers crossed. I agree with Dicko, though a little concerned at the experience of others. If Matt has taken the time to post, he must be serious.

die sausanlage,
I deleted my response to your post on this topic and I hope you give the bloke a fair go to sort all this out.
I'm sure we all like to take advantage of the brewing equipment available in Aus from the US.
Cheers

ok Matt

I am one of the ones who have not received goods.
Ordered on ebay and paid paypal same time.
Ordered 4 kegs on 3Oct04 received them befrore XMAS.

Ordered another 4 kegs on 13Oct04 still not received.
Ebay user id kerrylj....
Address they were to be sent:
Ken Jermey
2 Menge Court
PO Box 270
Lyndoch
South Australia 5351

I also, placed an order for parts when u had your 10% off sale - but their has been no confirmation etc.

I will e-mail you the paypal and ebay reference when i get home.
I think some how my goods were inadvertently not sent.

I know of 6 people who put orders in after i received my first order of kegs...waiting to see if it all went OK.

Will e-mail u later.....

Thanks for taking the time to read and post....

Well I have to say that both BD and C&C have been great businesses to deal with. I've had good service from both and received my orders within a reasonable period of time. Remember that we are using the cheapest postage options so delays are likely to happen. If you want it sooner you have to pay a premium. Also remember that these guys have no control over the US post. The contract is between you and the US post. After the goods have left BD or C&C if you have a problem with delivery times, complain to the US post as you're paying them, not BD or C&C.

One other thing, if you have sent a email and had no reply, then sent another and had no reply WHY send a third? Isn't it a sign of irrational behaviour to keep repeating a failed exercise. Make some effort on your behalf and try an alternative form of communication. I found with BD that I wouldn't get much of a response by email, so I started to phone them. It worked a treat, placed my order directly and got an immediate confirmation. Business is a 2 way street.

Cheers
MAH

Mah,

C&C promote their online service for for selling kegs - It is reasonable therefore, to expect them to respond to online enquires.

It should not be necessary to go to the expense of telephoning them for answers. Email also gives you a record of the communication, which can be invaluable if third party resolution becomes neccesary...

To all;
Upon review of our export shipping, and having no tracking numbers supplied by the U.S.P.S. when shipped via Economy Surface, we will now begin to email to the purchaser the completed (and Postal stamped) Customs form upon shipping.

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea

mchitiea said:
To all;
Upon review of our export shipping, and having no tracking numbers supplied by the U.S.P.S. when shipped via Economy Surface, we will now begin to email to the purchaser the completed (and Postal stamped) Customs form upon shipping.

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea
[post="49000"][/post]​

Good to Hear, thanks!

:D

Latest posts

Back