Cheap Heat Pad Option Coming Soon To Aldi......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be worth trying to find out how hot they get before you make the investment. I can't see them getting as hot as a heat pad and that doesn't seem all that much cheaper than a heatpad anyway.

Taurus angle grinder for $20 and 3x diamond cutter discs for $8...that's a pretty good price - where are these thing made? Are the discs regular size?

EDIT: Sorry miles off topic. Good find, I'm always impressed at the price Aldi can sell for.

Based on images like this I once put my heat belt in a folded blanket to keep the bleeding cat of the pool table .... lucky I didn't burn the house down :unsure: . Lesson learnt, heat belts are different to these animal heat pads :rolleyes:

if you're looking for a cheap heat source why not go for an electric blanket? Sam's Warehouse (maybe Vic only, not sure) had single bed ones for $12 or $13 recently. I plug one of these into my temp controller, put the blanket on 3 and it keeps the temp in the fridge at ale ferment temp (even in the freezing Ballarat winter).

$12 is a great price! I might even get one for my bed.
if you're looking for a cheap heat source why not go for an electric blanket? Sam's Warehouse (maybe Vic only, not sure) had single bed ones for $12 or $13 recently. I plug one of these into my temp controller, put the blanket on 3 and it keeps the temp in the fridge at ale ferment temp (even in the freezing Ballarat winter).

Agree with Herbo. The leco blankets are good. I wrap em around the fermenter then wrap towels around that, then insert my temp probe from the fridge mate, between the leco blanket and fermenter wall, set to heat mode. Without the fridge mate though be careful it will heat the fermenter up to 27 Deg.C plus.

I don't do this that often as even in the laundry at the moment I can get 17 to 18 Deg.C.

Fear_n_loath

Latest posts

Back