• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Cheap BIAB pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchop

Reaction score
42 QT Stainless Steel Stock Pot with Steamer or Boil Basket for about $150. Seems to be a pretty cheap way to get into AG

I take it you are referring to a BCF style turkey fryer or crab cooker?
They are sometimes used for BIAB, however there are overheads:

You'll need to buy a decent burner and regulator, and over the long term gas is far more expensive than electricity. For an extra hundred you can get a turn-key brewery straight out of the box in the form of a Crown or Buffalo 40L urn.

Bribie G said:
I take it you are referring to a BCF style turkey fryer or crab cooker?
They are sometimes used for BIAB, however there are overheads:

You'll need to buy a decent burner and regulator, and over the long term gas is far more expensive than electricity. For an extra hundred you can get a turn-key brewery straight out of the box in the form of a Crown or Buffalo 40L urn.
Or install an element. I use one of the BCF Crab Cookers, installed an element from Craft Brewer ($60). Went well until I blew the element on Sat night (brewer error, no fault of the element). I've got another element on the way from CB.

$60 element and a tap still makes for a reasonable set price. I've just bought one purely for the basket. I have 48ltr urn. But due to the bag being wider than the urn, Wort went every where. And I'm pretty sure BCF ones aren't ss.

Latest posts

Back