Cheap 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 384

Reaction score
I have never bought from these guys and have no idea about their reputation. BUT they are selling kegs for US$13 each. If they ship 4 per box, it would work out to be about AUS$40 per keg. Cheap!

Adeventures in Homebrewing

Cheers
MAH

I emailed them a while back now.
They did not ship overseas then.
Maybe things have changed.

johnno

I've done the same with the same response.

Thats very cheap!.
I ended up biting the bullet & ordered 4 kegs + some parts from Matt @ C & C dist. off Ebay (no affilliation etc)

The tax man has been very generous :)

And HB Adventures used to buy their kegs from us !
Matt.

mchitiea said:
Matt.
[post="72899"][/post]​
Matt,
Does that mean they have a cheaper source now? Be nice if you could price match. Tho pity they dont ship to Oz like you guys.

Keep up the good work Matt.

roach

Hey Matt I just sent you an email I ordered some kegs of you 10 days ago on ebay but I still haven't got confirmation from you.

Thanks Bigfella AKA Matt

I'm in the same boat Bigfella...just waiting on the customs docket

Regards,
Phil

edit: spelling

Ladies and Gents:

RE: A cheaper source

-I don't think everyone is fully understanding the situation her in the States.
It IS NOT a matter of finding/acquiring a "cheaper source" for bulk loads, it is a question of finding ANY AVAILABLE to buy....period....at any price.
-Since 1996 we have dealt exclusively with PepsiCo. THEY HAVE NO MORE EXCESS KEGS IN BULD QTYS TO RELEASE! Whatever is left in their system will be shipped to PepsiCo Int'l/China. That's it, Kaput, no mas, no more.

-There ARE some out there in bulk qtys from "second tier" bottling/independent plants, but not many.

-HBAdventures is on the East Coast. Shipping would be much more expensive. It is NOT difficult to send kegs....they just don't want to....I guess.

BREW-ON
Matt Chitiea
C&C Distributing
Pepsi Equipment Liquidators of N. Ca.

roach said:
mchitiea said:
Matt.
[post="72899"][/post]​
Matt,
Does that mean they have a cheaper source now? Be nice if you could price match. Tho pity they dont ship to Oz like you guys.

Keep up the good work Matt.

roach
[post="72901"][/post]​

mchitiea said:
Ladies and Gents:

RE: A cheaper source

-I don't think everyone is fully understanding the situation her in the States.
It IS NOT a matter of finding/acquiring a "cheaper source" for bulk loads, it is a question of finding ANY AVAILABLE to buy....period....at any price.
-Since 1996 we have dealt exclusively with PepsiCo. THEY HAVE NO MORE EXCESS KEGS IN BULD QTYS TO RELEASE! Whatever is left in their system will be shipped to PepsiCo Int'l/China. That's it, Kaput, no mas, no more.

-There ARE some out there in bulk qtys from "second tier" bottling/independent plants, but not many.

-HBAdventures is on the East Coast. Shipping would be much more expensive. It is NOT difficult to send kegs....they just don't want to....I guess.

BREW-ON
Matt Chitiea
C&C Distributing
Pepsi Equipment Liquidators of N. Ca.

roach said:
mchitiea said:
Matt.
[post="72899"][/post]​

Thanks Matt for taking the time to respond. Certainly gives us folk a great insight into the dynamics of the current soda keg supply situation. Thankfully you guys along with brewers dicount ship to Oz.

Matt,
Is it true that the kegs are used for scrap and crushed when they go to China?
cheers
Darren

-From our understanind of what Pepsi Int'l/China is doing, they ARE USING THEM for their intended purpose.
-The reason for getting rid of them in the first place in the U.S. was logistical costs. The labor costs to ship them out to the end user, collect them, bring them back to the plant and refilling was too high. The current system of Bag In Box (BIB) is MUCH cheaper; the bags get filled, they ship out to the end user and the end user then throws them away when empty.
-China has the cheap labor to do what happened here 20 years ago...they have the manpower for a bi-directional usage. ALSO China does not have the waste reclamation infrastructure as we (industrialized Nations) have. China is doing just about everything possible to 1. Clean up the polution that they have now, 2. Minimize future pollution sources 3. Mitigate current pollution/reffuse sources.

Darren said:
Matt,
Is it true that the kegs are used for scrap and crushed when they go to China?
cheers
Darren
[post="73039"][/post]​

-Everything A-OK for everyone that has ordered kegs in the last 3 weeks.
-We have shipped everything out and we will be picking up all the receipts from the P.O. on 8/22/05. We will be email receipts in the next day or so....SO....that means by the time you receive you Customs forms, your kegs will have already had some transit time.
- Matt.

Bigfella said:
Hey Matt I just sent you an email I ordered some kegs of you 10 days ago on ebay but I still haven't got confirmation from you.

Thanks Bigfella AKA Matt
[post="72916"][/post]​

Back