Charcoal Webber Cooking For Xmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't people use wood in webbers?

For newbies knowing what 'wood' they have is a 'hard one'. Some woods are quite dangerous or just putrid to use. Charcoal is good wood basically that has all the shit and crap burnt out of it, in lay terms, turning it into charcoal.

Can you put multiple chooks or various cuts of meat on the Bunnings rotisserie or are you limited to one?

Can you put multiple chooks or various cuts of meat on the Bunnings rotisserie or are you limited to one?

no reason why not, if you have fillets of meat that you thread through the skewer 'yeeros style' you could put whatever you like on it, pack it nice and tight and you can slice off in layers as it cooks through

beef on one side, lamb on the other side and perhaps some chicken in the middle for the vegetarians

the thing would fit 2 chooks comfortably, and i'm sure you could fit 3, but the problem would be tying them, as it only comes with one pair of prongs, a bit of stainless tie wire and i'd say you'd be good

Go see the local charcoal Chicken and see if they will sell you some real Charcoal
Im told some do 25kg bags @ $25

I fire my charcoal up using my NASA. Gets em going pretty quick!!! I then add them to my Weber Smokey mountain cooker and add the wood chips

My neighbour across the road sells bags of charcoal 10kg $10 it's the corner of Stanbrough and London roads in Belmont Brisbane if anyone is chasing some.

I am getting ready for my first cook in the webber and neither Bunnings, Masters or BBQ's galore stock those redhead charcoals, mate. Where do you get them from?

mate bunnings are all over the place, one day they have it the next they don't . the redheads stuff isn't that great, the diggers charcaol is good but the price is stupid. give this guy a call, ABR Charcoal 0402467374 he is in Beechboro and a hell of a lot cheaper and well worth the effort if you like your webber bbq.

My dad has one of those... It works a treat even with my dads slitly drink cooking/burning.

alright fellas, bought diggers charcoal from bunnings, along with samba smoking chips (2 boxes....one is lamb and beef and the other poulty and pork), plus a basting brush and a couple more spit prongs....for anyone who has used diggers charcoal....would it be a wise idea to buy a pack of heat beads bbq briquettes just incase...or throw a few in for longer burning time? im normally cooking webbers in the garage with the backyard roller door fully open....just so the wind through the backyard doesnt make the charcoal burn out quicker...from previous cooking sessions ive found the charcoal lasts longer in the garage...5-6 hours compared to 2-3 in the backyard under the pergola....thoughts anyone or better ideas?

also i had thought of buying proper branded smoking chips from mitre 10...hickory chips, with the 'flash' labelling and packaging....but then thoought...the chips would be the same and how i bought them yesterday was more cost effective...2 different boxes will cover the pork/lamb/beef and turkey im cooking over the spit and webber :)

also i had thought of buying proper branded smoking chips from mitre 10...hickory chips, with the 'flash' labelling and packaging....but then thoought...the chips would be the same and how i bought them yesterday was more cost effective...2 different boxes will cover the pork/lamb/beef and turkey im cooking over the spit and webber :)

are you going to cook the turkey on the spit ?

sure am..smoking it too..got a 3kg turkey...webber Q's take 2 hours to cook a 6 kg turkey....mind you those are gas...i will monitor mine and cook for about an hour or so...hate oven cooking for meat

ive got a red kettle webber and green smoker grill (both charcoal) and borrow the oldmans spit that im putting charcoal into

sure am..smoking it too..got a 3kg turkey...webber Q's take 2 hours to cook a 6 kg turkey....mind you those are gas...i will monitor mine and cook for about an hour or so...hate oven cooking for meat

its gonna be awesome

the turkey will take around 2 hours on the spit, maybe longer, depending on heat of course

a small chook takes about and hour and a half so your turkey should take longer

make sure you stay well lubricated during the cooking :icon_cheers:

D.b. how good are those little spits??!! Good to see its REAL charcoal :icon_chickcheers:

for the money, you seriously cant go wrong

there is something therapeutic about watching a piece of animal turning round and round over hot coals and drinking beer :icon_chickcheers:

alright fellas, bought diggers charcoal from bunnings, along with samba smoking chips (2 boxes....one is lamb and beef and the other poulty and pork), plus a basting brush and a couple more spit prongs....for anyone who has used diggers charcoal....would it be a wise idea to buy a pack of heat beads bbq briquettes just incase...or throw a few in for longer burning time? im normally cooking webbers in the garage with the backyard roller door fully open....just so the wind through the backyard doesnt make the charcoal burn out quicker...from previous cooking sessions ive found the charcoal lasts longer in the garage...5-6 hours compared to 2-3 in the backyard under the pergola....thoughts anyone or better ideas?

I find that charcoal burns a bit quicker definitely hotter,I do a 60/40 mix charcoal-heat beads all with a home brew in my hand :drinks:

Latest posts

Back