Cerveza ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cummy

Reaction score
Hi,
I've scored a handful of coopers international cerveza cans for dirt cheap $7 and also the coopers light dry malt for $3 per 500gr pack. Just after a few different ideas/ways I can brew using these ingredients.
Thanks in advance.

Heya Cummy,

Any hints where you picked up this score sir, for us fellow Brisbanites? You lucky man...

Anyway, a simple Cerveza would be the tin + 1kg of light malt. Ferment low at around 17'c if you can. The kit yeast is just the general coopers strain so it won't be a true Cerveza (which is a lager) but if you can get your hands on any US-05 (a nice neutral tasting yeast) you'll get a nice faux lager which tastes pretty good.

Also, if you want to get a bit fancy you could add a lime infusion to the brew at the end. It gives the cerveza that citrus hit without needing to shove a slice of lime into your bottleneck. Just get the zest of 2 -3 limes, soak in a shot or two of vodka in the fridge for a 3 - 5 days and then add the liquid (straining out the zest) to your beer just before bottling.

I did an infusion recently with a cream ale and it's turned out a treat.

Hope this helped.
- Meno

Thanks for he ideas. I usually don't add lemon or lime when drinking coronas but I know plenty who would like it. I scored the stuff from a friend who runs a grocery store in rural Queensland. Not making any money out of it so just clearing stock. I'm pretty stoked. Carb drops $2 and coopers pet bottles for $6. I said I'd take the lot. :)

Depending on how much dry malt you have you could make a tasty light lawn mower beer.

Nelson's Light

1.5kg LDM
300g Crystal
30g Centennial - boiled for 30 mins
25g Nelson Sauvin - flameout/steep
20g Nelson Sauvin - dry hop
Ale yeast
21 litre brew.

Cerveza is my standard ,interested to see what people are doing also , I normally just run
1kg Dextrose
250g light dry malt
Pride of Ringwood hops
22litres

OP didn't mention having any dex or hops but here's what I used to do for a Cerveza back in my kit days

1 can Of Coopers Mex Cerveza
500g of Light Malt
500g of BE2
15g Tettnang hops
250g of Carapils grains - steeped
US-05 yeast

23 batch fermented cold and slow at 16-17'c. I don't have the patience for lagering to produce a true cerveza. It always turned out a passably quaffable drop though.

Winny said:
Cerveza is my standard ,interested to see what people are doing also , I normally just run
1kg Dextrose
250g light dry malt
Pride of Ringwood hops
22litres
Do you put a tin with that?

You can use the Cerveza can for many things. It was my favour for kits as it was so low in its own flavours and bitterness it gave lots of room to move, when experimenting.

Try the Cerveza can
750g light malt,
250-500g wheat malt if you can get it,
plus some form of hops, My favourite being Citra.
a 10 minute steep of the hops(say 15g) and a bit of dry hopping(20g) would keep it simple but add plenty of flavour.
Citra is fruity, and citrus like.
Using US 05 or Nottingham yeast will give nice clean results, but if your going to add hops I'd go for US 05.

I made a pretty nice saison using the cerveza kit last year from memory I think it was just
1 x cerveza kit
500g ldm
300 dextrose
1 x belle saison
Ferment at 22c

It was a really nice simple tasty beer

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1425630318.534800.jpg cracked this brew today needs more head...story of my life

I have used dozens of the Coopers Cerveza kits. Kept it simple,by just using the brew enhancer 2.
Never had a dud brew yet. It knocks the socks off Sol and Corona.

Latest posts

Back