Certifying A Co2 Cylinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will be converting to swap and go if they as superstock is saying are doing it at $7.35/L for a 6.8 bottle and for a bottle a bottle 3 times the size you get a mad discount to $10/L were did the days of owning your own bottle out right and getting a better deal?

superstock said:
Thumbs down to Brewers Choice in Brisbane-wouldn't refil my 6.8 Mykegsonlegs because I didn't buy it from them!
A mate of mine had a similar experience at the old Brewer's Choice Enoggera. They initially refused to swap it because he didn't buy the cylinder from them. He argued with the bloke by saying that all the MKOL vendors should be part of the same swap program, and that it shouldn't matter where the cylinder was originally bought from...the guy eventually relented and swapped it for him.

Seems like a pretty crap system if the vendors are allowed to refuse swaps?

Correct me if im wrong but if you take an out of date lpg cylinder to a swap and go station they can refuse to swap it? Why shouldn't co2 be the same?

Edit spelling.

BTW Brewers Choice will now swap-and-go MKOL bottles, if within a year of date stamp. And yes swap-and-go Stations are supposed to check dates for CO2 bottles (some don't).

Latest posts

Back