Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Daveykyevad

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster...

I've been searching the forum, but I couldn't find any information regarding this.

Has anyone had any experience with an adapter for refilling soda stream bottles from larger CO2 bottles sold from CO2-adapter.de?

Their videos look too easy:

I've only just started kegging using ikegger 5 L kegs and a 19 L Corny keg and am looking to minimize gas costs. 16 g bulbs and soda stream bought refills are quite expensive.

My current setup only allows for a 5 L keg in my kitchen fridge and I expect that I will continue to use soda stream cylinders for a while at least.

I have no experience with the larger CO2 cylinders and imagine there might be safety issues and connectivity that you guys might have insight into.

Cheers,
Dave

FarsideOfCrazy

Reaction score
There's a few things wrong with that. Firstly the cylinder needs to be weighed while filling, over filling can result in the cylinder bursting. Secondly you need a c02 cylinder that draws the liquid from the bottom, or you need to invert the cylinder.

Yes they make it looks easy, but that isn't safe.

brewgasm

Reaction score
Do you serve from the fridge or do take the keg out of the fridge? My portable setup uses a cute little 1.1kg mkol cylinder which you might be able to stand in a fridge door. You can also look at the the single use cylinders. I think that they are something like 1 or 1.5kg and use a tiny duel guage reg and would definitely fit in the fridge door

Latest posts