O ring in Co2 Cylinder valve fitted incorrectly?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman86

Reaction score
Ive currently been testing for a co2 leak in my keg system after I just got a refill and was emptied in 2 weeks (2.6kg cylinder). The bottle before that lasted the expected lifespan and ive tried every test i have read about and can think of. I am now wondering whether i fitted the regulator slightly off centre to the washer and it slowly has leaked out. Just now i have looked down the valve (see pic) and can see what appears to be a o ring half hanging out. Im not real sure if i can get an allen key and take that part of the valve out without the cylinder having to be emptied before hand, anybody dismantled that part of a cylinder before.

20151018_161442_resized.jpg

Don't mess with that yourself, take it back to whoever filled it. They're supposed to check everything is okay before they give it back to you, if its your bottle you should at least get your money back for the refill you paid for. That's my understanding anyway, and part of the reason you can only get them filled by qualified outlets.

My new KK one looks like that... maybe i should get a new one...

I have a westway steel bottle, similar to keg king and have had a leak at the valve stem seal. To fix it, when the bottle was empty, I removed the handle and top nut, and disassembled the valve seal arrangement and replaced the o-ring with a slightly larger section one and also took a skim off one of the faces to put some more squash on the o-ring onto the stem. These seal by squashing the o-ring onto the valve stem when opened fully. Alternatively, keg king sell a replacement valve which will screw in.

Latest posts

Back