Cbb On Facebook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyreman,

While you are bringing us into the 21st Century....

www.coriobaybrewers.org ?

Not to negate your good work, but, personally, I hate facebook, anyone reading the news and trying to stay up with privacy concerns would understand why....further having been involved in big business IT data collection in the US makes me even more paranoid.

Off to make my tin foil hat now........they might be listening

<edit to try avoid offending his good work>

It may be advisable to edit your keg pics if displaying to the general public :ph34r:

Cheers Ross

Edit: Spelling

Tyreman,

Personally, I hate facebook

Me too !

I'm in fact very proud to say I have never registered or even checked-out anyone else's facebook thingy. One of the very few I believe.

Batz

Privacy on facebook?

Visit the internet and type in all your personal details...

What do people f**king expect.

Anyway, good luck with the project!

^ This! ^

I have FB but only put up on FB what you want public. Infact that goes for anywhere on the internet including email. EVERYTHING CAN be intercepted and read if people really want to.

Recently I tracked down someone I met for an hour on a saturday night simply by remembering some information she had told me (ie shes a student, lives in X area, studying X and her first name is X) I had no other info - no sirname, no actual address etc etc. In under an hour I tracked her down - we have no common friends or anything - essentially two complete strangers all bar a conversation on a saturday night.

Now I guess thankfully for her my want to track her down was purely for her benefit (I found some work for her) and nothing malicious but I'm sure if I was someone with malicious intentions I could've spent a little bit longer and got more personal information etc.

Now I did contact 3 people trying to track her down (obviously 2 weren't her) and obviously the way I contacted her and the fact that I had background information (ie I wasnt a "complete" stranger) from our conversation on saturday night so that made it easier because she was then obviously willing to repond to the email I sent. But I dont think it would be "too" hard to get this information about someone if you really wanted to.

Google yourself and find out whats online about you. I'm sure many of you would be supprised at some of the info thats online that you might have fogotten about ;)

Think about this if someone knew your name, knew you were a home brewer and knew you lived in X I'm sure that they could find information on this site enough to at least get them leads to other places on the net that they might be able to get more info etc on you. Its not rocket science.

Sick of people bitching about google and facebook etc and privacy laws. Theres something 6.8billion people in the world what makes you think your interesting enough for google or facebook etc to really give a shit about you - fact is they dont! and the information they collect &/or share about you is information YOU give them.

I just googled my name & didn't have anything on the first 5 pages that relates to me. I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case before I deleted my facebook. Deleted this time rather than reactivated.

Facebook is a great communication tool
Just like any tool you need to use it correctly
All the privacy settings are there .............. you just need to set them
And as a good rule of thumb never put anything on there you arn`t happy for your old mum to see

Hey JOHN thats a great idea.... i'd love to see a dedicated website for the club....im really not that clever, long time since i did a website... But every good website has a facebook and a twitter page :)

First things first i think we ask the older members if we can have a fiddle with the club logo on Photoshop.

cheers.

I think it was John Howard who had something put on yourtube for myface, maybe he missed the point?

Back