Castle Hill Show Brewing Competition 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Stu,

Whats the go with American Amber Ale this year? Doesnt seem to be on the list or should this be entered somewhere else?

cheers
Andrew

Hi Stu,

Whats the go with American Amber Ale this year? Doesnt seem to be on the list or should this be entered somewhere else?

cheers
Andrew

Damn, damn, damn. Thought the categories covered everything but forgot that the AABC categories don't include American Amber for some reason. I'm afraid it's too late now, Andrew. You can still enter it in the specialty category though. Sorry about that. :(

Hey Stu,
I'm currently filling out the labels for my entries, and I was wondering if we're suppose to put our names on the individual bottles? Or do you I just send my entries in together and you have some sort of system of keeping track of whos beers are whos?
Can't remember how it worked out last year...I think it was different?

Muggus, the shop you drop them to should have some system that they can let me know about when I pick up your entries. Or at least I hope so, or I'll be in for an interesting weekend. :lol: I'll give the bottles entries when I collect them up and put those on the bottles as well. Don't put your name on the bottle though as that will mean stewards (or possibly even the judges depending on how we run it) would know who had made the beer. And if they know it's yours, I guess you'll have no chance. :p

Muggus, the shop you drop them to should have some system that they can let me know about when I pick up your entries. Or at least I hope so, or I'll be in for an interesting weekend. :lol: I'll give the bottles entries when I collect them up and put those on the bottles as well. Don't put your name on the bottle though as that will mean stewards (or possibly even the judges depending on how we run it) would know who had made the beer. And if they know it's yours, I guess you'll have no chance. :p
Haha no worries, cheers mate.
I'll put them all together in box and hand them in at the brew shop.

I'm going to enter 2 ciders - Is there a standard type of packaging required for a couple of PET bottles?

Cheers

I'm going to enter 2 ciders - Is there a standard type of packaging required for a couple of PET bottles?

Cheers

Are you posting them, or dropping them off at a shop, msheridan? If you are posting them, I've found that just wrapping them very well in bubble wrap works well enough. If you are dropping them off at a shop or the showground then no need for any wrapping, just include the forms etc.

Stuster and co., sorry in advance for the silly question (this is my first comp).

When filling out the entry form is this correct so far ?- -

E.g. Entering a Doppelbock.

Cat. No. - - 6
Style - - 6.4
Style Description - - Doppelbock
Additional Info - - ???

What should i put in Additional Info? Sweet talk, etc? :D

Cheers
DK

Stuster and co., sorry in advance for the silly question (this is my first comp).

When filling out the entry form is this correct so far ?- -

E.g. Entering a Doppelbock.

Cat. No. - - 6
Style - - 6.4
Style Description - - Doppelbock
Additional Info - - ???

What should i put in Additional Info? Sweet talk, etc? :D

Cheers
DK

DK, that's it. :D

Actually, there's no need for any more info with that style, the space is there for other entries like specialty beers, meads etc.

And just to remind any entrants that the closing date for entries at the brew shops is this Saturday. You can also drop them off at the showground next weekend. Good luck to all.

And still looking for more stewards and judges so if anybody is interested in joining in and seeing what happens behind the scenes then PM me. (You also get to try a whole lot of beers and the lunches that the show put on are really good. :D )

On my way now to drop entries off to the Showground. Should be a good comp.

Good luck everyone,
Thommo.

Yep, good luck to all entrants. I'm just back from the showground and we've got 155 entries with a couple more to be gathered from here and there. We really need a few more judges and stewards to make sure we can get through all the entries next weekend. PM me if you like drinking beer and eating a nice lunch.

(Oh, and also can be at Castle Hill showground next weekend. ;) )

re: The judging and stewarding help:
Ok folks, help us out here, we really don't want to be judging 30 entry flights in a morning between two of us :p , or God forbid have to judge our own beer in a flight.
emot_can.gif
Let Stu know asap that you will be attending on one or both of the days, if you've ever wanted to get involved in comps here's a perfect oportunity

re: The judging and stewarding help:
Ok folks, help us out here, we really don't want to be judging 30 entry flights in a morning between two of us :p , or God forbid have to judge our own beer in a flight.
View attachment 33041
Let Stu know asap that you will be attending on one or both of the days, if you've ever wanted to get involved in comps here's a perfect oportunity
Mike, I can help on the Saturday. PM sent to Stuster.
Cheers,
Pete

Looking forward to helping out on the Sunday.

Beers,
Doc

G'day,

I will be helping on the Saturday as agreed at the show office on the weekend Stuster.

What time do you go till? Possible I may be able to help on the Sunday early if you still need helpers. I'll see how you are going for numbers on the Saturday.

Cheers Jason.

We're going to be starting at 10am sharp, so if all judges can arrive around 9.30 that'd be perfect. We should be finished by 4.30 or so. Lunch provided. Looks like we've got nearly enough judges or stewards now after a late flurry though you can never have too many.

Jason, if you could come for the morning session on Sunday that would be useful as we may be slightly short on stewards for that day.

Pete, I've got you down for Saturday even though you forgot to PM me. :lol:

We're going to be starting at 10am sharp, so if all judges can arrive around 9.30 that'd be perfect. We should be finished by 4.30 or so. Lunch provided. Looks like we've got nearly enough judges or stewards now after a late flurry though you can never have too many.

Jason, if you could come for the morning session on Sunday that would be useful as we may be slightly short on stewards for that day.

Pete, I've got you down for Saturday even though you forgot to PM me. :lol:
I thought I did pm you, Stu? Might've forgotten to actually press the send button.

Now....I am not sure how it works (let alone having ever even BEEN to a brewing comp) but I would be happy to help as a steward (or whatever) on Sunday morning if you are still looking for people.

Let me know :)

Matt

If anyone has a portable aircon or a few of those portable industrial fans they'd be handy to. :excl: :excl:
We are going to cook in that shed out there I think.

Saturday Chance afternoon shower/thunderstorm.

City: Min: 24 Max: 35
West: Min: 21 Max: 41

Sunday A few showers.

City: Min: 22 Max: 30
West: Min: 21 Max: 37

Latest posts

Back