Castle Hill Show Brewing Competition 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Stuster, the ISB's and all other volunteers for running the comp.

Congrats to the winners, but also congrats to my fellow Hills Brewers who picked up a few placings, HC's and Beer of Show.

Frickin' Woo Hoo! 2nd place! :)
Well done Stu, and co. for running the comp, especially in the heat today.
And a huge congrats to all other place winners.

I dropped a beer off at The Country Brewer at Casula, but i cant see my name on the list. He's probably living the high life with my $5.

Damien (and others)

I'll be contacting CB tomorrow about this and will let you know when I know. :(

A 2nd and a 3rd, woooshhka. I thought the Smoked Porter would hold up but the Bitter was really an afterthought, a real surprise but the given the judges involved I certainly can't argue with them.

I'll post the Porter recipe Stu but the Bitter............mmm you'll have to ply me and when you find out you'll know why!!!!!

Very impressed with the standard, very few beers I judged on the Sat. were in bad territory. Well done to all.

Ahha I am amazed my flanders red scored a second! I am unable to drink it personally. Anyone want 18litres ? :lol:

But I knew the Rauchbier was good! 97% Rauchmalt FTW!

Well done everyone involved running the comp. Bloody hot weather over the 2 days, I spent a good portion of it in the pool :p

Ahha I am amazed my flanders red scored a second! I am unable to drink it personally. Anyone want 18litres ? :lol:

I think you may have a taker for that. One of the judges is in love with your beer. :lol:

I think I'll let him out himself though. I think you can expect some urgent PMs,KillerRx4. :D

Ha, first ever home brew comp and I get a second............. with my mead.

Thanks to all involved, roll on the next comp.

Cheers
DK

:beer:

I'm not the judge in question but I'd happily take some off your hands :chug:
(that emoticon should be sipping very tenderly though given the pH of that beast you made)

Great fun to be involved, and happy to see the judges didn't hate my first few AG's - I am happy at the scores I got for my Saison and (lonely) Witbier, and looking forward to getting the full score sheets.

Just checking, the scores are out of 150, right?

Thanks to everyone involved in the comp. I'm sure it was a killer in the heat. Am looking forward to my result sheets...

[quote name='O'Henry' post='557440' date='Nov 22 2009, 11:34 PM']Just checking, the scores are out of 150, right?[/quote]

Yep, 3 judges scoring out of 50 so out of 150 all up.

Dropped my beers to Country brewer Casula aswell. Can't see my name on the list.

Kabooby :(

Thanks for putting in the effort, Stu. And thanks to everyone involved. It must have been a challenge in that heat. Great work getting the results out so quickly.

Cheers
Andrew.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a smooth running event, the comp virgins in both stewarding and judging did a great job and it was excellent to see the participation of some new blood.

Now about that Flanders Red, mmmm sour funky nectar :icon_drool2:

Back