Carlton Raw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammus

Amateur Brewer
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or tried Carlton RAW. A friend of mine had a 6er arrive in the mail recently for market research. I think there's one there with my name on it.

I did a search and couldn't find anyone else mention it...

yeah they were promoting it the other night at my indoor cricket centre, i had 1, its a low carb beer from memory, wasnt much but tasted a bit cleaner than the regular VB.

sorry i cant be more help!

Seen a pallet of VB Raw in Rockvegas 1st choice last week. Was a little bit curious but didnt really look at it but had a chuckle as I walked past with a selection of english bitters.

Brad

urgh, think ill pass lol

I remember hearing about it. She said 'carlton raw'. Had she said 'VB raw' I would've known straight away, for some reason it just didnt click.

Tried a stubby last weekend, and whilst being the usual bland lager, was not unpleasant.

Would not track it down, but wouldn't turn down a free one if nothing else was about at the time.

Marlow

Wonder if it's a rebadged VB orginal, the sales pitches sound very much the same don't you think?

yea last week you could do an onling market reserach thing and they would send you a six pack. i almost got sucked in.

yea last week you could do an onling market reserach thing and they would send you a six pack. i almost got sucked in.

me too. I knew better though. But I did have a brief moment of regret when the bloke on the next desk had his 6 pack delivered. I have been trying to explain Dry lager = 'Flavourless as possible lager' to him. I'm not winning

Have been to the web site. No naked women. No cricketers. No working men. Very Un-VB.

A bit off topic but Fosters have grown in my estimation over the last few years, they seem to be pulling ahead of Lion Nathan in brands, choice and distribution. A couple of months ago I went to the Caloundra RSL which is a fairly major sized club and they are entirely Fosters - imagine a QLD club with no XXXX . They have a huge range on tap from Guinness to Carlsberg to Stella to VB etc. I reckon Lion would be really hard pressed to provide a range of beers to all tastes if they were to have an exclusive deal on a club. XXXX heavy and light, Tooheys New Old and TED, Heineken and Becks (not that you see it any more) a couple of the Hahn lines and that would be about it.

Hats off to Fosters for constantly introducing beers aimed at certain segments of the market, we home brewers can sneer but it's a far cry from thirty years ago when there were only two types of pubs in Queensland - Red pubs and Blue pubs, and in each there was only one beer on tap, XXXX or Carlton, take it or leave it.

A bit off topic but Fosters have grown in my estimation over the last few years, they seem to be pulling ahead of Lion Nathan in brands, choice and distribution. A couple of months ago I went to the Caloundra RSL which is a fairly major sized club and they are entirely Fosters - imagine a QLD club with no XXXX . They have a huge range on tap from Guinness to Carlsberg to Stella to VB etc. I reckon Lion would be really hard pressed to provide a range of beers to all tastes if they were to have an exclusive deal on a club. XXXX heavy and light, Tooheys New Old and TED, Heineken and Becks (not that you see it any more) a couple of the Hahn lines and that would be about it.

Hats off to Fosters for constantly introducing beers aimed at certain segments of the market, we home brewers can sneer but it's a far cry from thirty years ago when there were only two types of pubs in Queensland - Red pubs and Blue pubs, and in each there was only one beer on tap, XXXX or Carlton, take it or leave it.

Fosters are doing what Lion Nathan is doing, VB -> VB Raw.

Fack 'em, all of the big bastards, they monopolise bars and don't allow publicans from putting on real beer.

Latest posts

Back