Cardinal Pell's no show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
Funny that he did a bolt to the Vatican (an independent country) about the time that the shyte was starting to hit the fan here at home.
mmm..extradition could be interesting..... but **** him, drag the c*nt home to face the music.

Just because he is a high ranking church official DOES NOT MAKE HIM ABOVE THE LAW.

Bribie G said:
Funny that he did a bolt to the Vatican (an independent country) about the time that the shyte was starting to hit the fan here at home.
Almost seems like the church protecting it's own interests. Now a newspaper has released information that charges may be laid against Pell regarding paedohilia. I haven't heard the Pope supporting him recently.

As a Novocastrian, I proudly claim Pell and reserve the right to lynch him in the Newcastle City Mall.

Either way, let's go old school, like when the church used to make people undergo Trial by Ordeal. So, put him on a plane ASAP and fly him out for his RC appearance. If he dies, he was guilty, if he survives he can face the court's wrath.

SIMPLE!

I wonder what Donald Trump would say about Pell hiding behind those huge walls that surround the Vatican. No-one getting in, or out there.

donald-trump-.jpg
Wrong finger Donald

This thing about not being able to fly or travel is pure Bullshit

There are plenty of air ambulances with controlled environments designed to take patients on lengthy flights just like him

Or

Put the prick on a boat

All those hyperventilating over sharia law need to take a good hard look at the canon law of the catholic church. It has operated for centuries and explains a lot about the church's response to, and their total failure to comprehend, the criminal nature of the actions of their pedophile priests.

I haven't heard the Pope supporting him recently.
This is a big failing on the Pope's part - that he isn't actively doing something about it.

Put the prick on a boat

Ironically he probably wouldn't be allowed back within the country by choosing this transportation method.

So where is 'god' in all this?

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
“Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely.

The only sense to make of tragedies like this is that terrible things can happen to perfectly innocent people. This understanding inspires compassion.

Religious faith, on the other hand, erodes compassion. Thoughts like, 'this might be all part of God’s plan,' or 'there are no accidents in life,' or 'everyone on some level gets what he or she deserves' - these ideas are not only stupid, they are extraordinarily callous. They are nothing more than a childish refusal to connect with the suffering of other human beings. It is time to grow up and let our hearts break at moments like this.

djsmi4 said:
This is a big failing on the Pope's part - that he isn't actively doing something about it.
He needs to stand up on his tax-free gold plated balcony in his protected tax-haven, and publicly announce that any member of the kiddy-fiddler boys club church that is properly accused (i.e. with Police provided evidence) will NOT be protected at all by any boys club church member and will be put to public legal trial where the accuser chooses; and if convicted they must be immediately and explicitly thrown out of the boys club and into Gaol/Jail (as the locality will define the spelling).

Until then, he's not doing enough - and I'd say even that's not going far enough.

djsmi4 said:
Ironically he probably wouldn't be allowed back within the country by choosing this transportation method.
Only if he was a refugee. You can arrive by boat if you're a citizen.

Bribie G said:
Religion, the Opium of the Masses.
That and AFL of course.
There is but one God and His name is Eddie, and Nathan is His prophet.

Well, I would like to see Pell back here too, and I too wondered why he needed to be ensconsed in the Vatican around the time this gained momentum.

Nevertheless, all people are entitled to the presumption of innocence until otherwise proven guilty. Geroge Pell is also allowed that privilage.

If there is a God, and George Pell believes there is, then he must be sweating on his own judgement day. He will know is his own conscience if he has done something wrong, and if he has he must feel like his has plenty to answer for on that day.

He will stew in his own juice if he has done something wrong. Going to judgement day without making things right is considered a very bad thing in his faith. If he exists, The Big Man will deal with him......harshly I suspect.

AJS2154 said:
He will stew in his own juice if he has done something wrong. Going to judgement day without making things right is considered a very bad thing in his faith. If he exists, The Big Man will deal with him......harshly I suspect.
And if there isn't, he's gotten of scott free.

Not good enough if you ask me.

As kerry Packer once said " I have been to the other side and there was nothing ******* there"

CmdrRyekr said:
And if there isn't, he's gotten of scott free.

Not good enough if you ask me.
Yep, I agree with you buddy, no argument from me. But, failing him coming back to answer the accusations, that's about all we can hope for.

Back