Cardinal Pell's no show

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolute. Disgrace.

Why is he (and others) not treated like regular people, and answer to the law?? Surely he should be criminally charged with Aiding & Abetting, (Conspiring to) Perverting the Course of Justice, Offense to Harass Witness, Failure to Report a Serious Crime, & Suppression of Documents, etc. Instead there's a big drama over him merely answering some questions in a Royal Commission.

He is a disgrace to humanity, let alone as a representative of a religion claiming adherence to the teachings of Jesus.

He is a perfect example of everything that can go wrong in an institutionalised religion.

All I can say is some (note the word "some" ) of these highly respected men of God who every Sunday get up on their boxes and preach about about the evils of sin and how the devil will get us if we don't repent.... are the same hypocritical, lying, pedophiles who over the years took advantage of kids that were to naive know any different and to scared to tell.
What bloody right have they to preach Gods way to us when they break ever rule themselves?? They havent the guts to front up to their accusers by their "to weak to travel" excuse....weaks right...weak as piss! May they get all they deserve with intrest and more..!!
BTW before anyone starts having a go at me for knocking the church let me just tell you, I speak of a personal experience!

Edit: forgot to mention Alcoholics

But he wiil still go to heaven.

It's only the non believers that won't.

It's probably just some weird form of schadenfreuder, but I've been addicted to watching the live stream of the Royal Commission. When Pell's senior counsel presented this petition yesterday, the thing that kept going through my head was why can't we show the same consideration for his health that he and the diocese showed for the victims'. Bring him back in cuffs if necessary.

Despite the efforts of Myer ( Pell's minimum $20,000/day SC), the commissioner has Pell's measure, either Pell will never fly again anywhere, or he'll turn up to the RC at some stage.
If the Cardinal’s health has not sufficiently improved by then to enable him to travel we will further consider the position, which may include further delaying his evidence to a date when he can travel safely to Australia

I wonder how many more lifetimes it'll take before the penny drops on the religious.

Be patient, Leviathan. Many of these self-proclaimed moralisers have only had 2000 years to tweak their rules.

It also seems the way to really succeed in the church is to demonstrate very severe dementia. Everyone in yesterday's sitting was dumbfounded and shaking their heads (including the 3 commissioners) as Bishop Finnigan provided six hours of testimony using just 2 phrases; "I have no recollection of that" and "I doubt I'd ever have done that".

Would only be good if he has to swear on the bible

One would imagine for a deity capable of granting immortality, tinkering with the blood pressure of one of his loyal fanboys that he may attend an important appointment a minor imposition.

It / he/ she / transgender really is mysterious.

I was hoping they would be treated like terrorists lock them up until they can be sure that they dindonuffin

pcmfisher said:
But he wiil still go to heaven.

It's only the non believers that won't.
He can go to farkin hell as far as I'm concerned!

Well, well, well - the noose tightens, although one should give everyone the right to remain innocent until proven guilty.

I dont know what I detest more....... Pedophiles hiding in and behind the church, ...............or the church hiding and protecting pedophiles

Funny that he did a bolt to the Vatican (an independent country) about the time that the shyte was starting to hit the fan here at home.

Latest posts

Back