Carb Drops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marksy

Reaction score
Hello fellow beer engineers,

I picked up some carb drops a few months ago as I was outta of time and wanted to speed up the bottling process, and I didn't want to clean another FV etc for bulk.

Anyhow, I've actually never used them before and have since then used them in two batches. They have turned out nice and bubbly and I am quite happy, except I have had two bottle bombs, one from each batch and using 750ml long necks. The beers have been bottled for at least 1-2 months now.

I usually mark the last few bottles of a batch, but have failed to do so this time. I`m hoping its just because I had gotten some extra sediment in the bottles.

I haven't bottle bombs since I started brewing over 10 years ago.

Anyone had much experience with these?

marksy

Used Coopers Drops quite a bit when I first started and was using PET bottles and long necks. I now use mainly swing top bottles of various sizes and bulk prime.
Never had a problem with drops, no bombs no gushers.

The carb drops are the only thing I have ever used when bottling and I never had any bottle bombs or other issues. I have not done any in longnecks however. How many drops did you put per bottle? And are you certain that the beer had fully fermented out etc?

Yeah fairly certain. It had sat in FV for over 10 days. Last readings 1.010.

As I said I've always bulked primed but was short on time so tried them.

Latest posts

Back