Calling Any Artists For My 1st Tattoo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Tatts aren't cheap; Cheap Tatts aren't good
and aint that the truth!! You can spot the great and the BAD a mile away.
Mine is all black but is a band, u can see pics in my gallery, but i want to add to it now and i don't want it to be a black mess in few years, great shading looks really good, and even some muted colours can make it even better.

hops.png

Do you want something simple like this? Or something busier?

I imagine you would want to make sure it really looks like whatever you were intending it to. No good having it badly drawn and it looking like something completely different, possibly embarrassingly so. So many pictures out there of bad tattoos.

Just don't go to Jim's Tattoo parlour (Family Guy reference);

Jim: "What do you want on your thigh?"
Man: "I want a skull"
Jim: "Okay, I can do a Kermit the Frog, how about a nice Kermit the Frog?"
Man: "No, I want a skull"
Jim: "Well, I'm gonna go ahead and draw Kermit the Frog..."

dude that's an awsome tramp stamp for the lower back! not sure about it being blokey enough

Yeah I was kinda thinking that, but it's better than the bine growing out of the arse crack that originally sprung to mind...

:lol: :lol: geez thatss funny.

maybe the hop cone/heart design from the tshirt thread. its got to be personal if its to mean anything and not just be a show off peice. your going to have to think about it.

also wheres it going? arm, forearm, back, shoulder? all of these places will determin the size and to an extent the design of what you get.

Here are a couple I've seen on the net that I've saved to my screensaver over the years.

Doc

Beer_tattoo.jpg

Beer_butt.jpg

Here are a couple I've seen on the net that I've saved to my screensaver over the years.

Doc

you reckon that guy's arm has changed shape, or was the glass meant to be curved? :unsure:

you reckon that guy's arm has changed shape, or was the glass meant to be curved? :unsure:

Nah, that was it fresh.
I remember when he had it done. I think he was on the greenboard and he posted the design, then when it was outlined and then filled in. From memory there was a series of pics when he had it done, but that is the only one I have.

Doc

I think that if you dont know exactly what you want, that is exactly the right reason not to get one.

Just dont take Dad with ya! :lol:

1906_tattoo_nh_a_9.jpg

Just remember you are going to be old like these people one day..

Old_Tat1.JPG

Old_Tat2.JPG

Just remember you are going to be old like these people one day..

Do you really think they'd look massively better at that age naked without ink? Tatts or no tatts, noneganarian carnality doesn't rate high on my list of turn-ons.

@OP:

People are right when they say spend a lot of time getting the design and artist you want but it's quite possible you already know this. Your best bet is to find some good images of hop plants (get a variety) and work out how big you want the work and where. Find a good tattooist and consult with them and get them to draw it up. I can draw but I'm not a tattoist and I think they will be able to incorporate your ideas onto the medium they're destined to go -ie your skin. Also you didn't offer me anything for my services.

If you're in or near Melbourne, I can recommend Dynamic tattoos in Richmond (Sara is the best tattooist I've seen by a mile but you're extremely unlikely to be able to book her) or Tattoo Magic in Fitzroy. I think it could be a cracker if done well and fine black and grey toning would look magnificent. Green is one of the least colourfast/lightfast pigments.

Hey guys.. Been some good advise in this thread. And i will deff be looking at meeting up with the artist first. As this is foreva i dont mind it costing alloot. U can always make more money but not more skin lol.

I did post that i wanted it on my right shoulder blade and probally heading up onto my shoulder.

Cheer Guys, Looking forward to seeing more about it.

Back