Byo Magazine Bulk Subscriptions For Clubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the proper place to post this would be, so I'm putting it here.

My club's annual competition is coming up next month and we've begun our annual hit-up-sponsors-for-prizes drive. One member approached BYO for sponsorship and they had an interesting reply. Apparently BYO has a club subscription rate. BYO will give out a one year subscription (8 issues) for each club member for $10 per member.

My club is definitely going to take advantage of this offer. I thought I'd spread the word. I imagine that the cost would probably be higher to offset shipping costs to Australia, but it may still be economically attractive.

This is the email from BYO:

One idea I have is you can use annual magazine subscriptions to Brew Your Own as an automatic part of your membership dues like many clubs already do in the states (and also in the same way almost all the provincial winemaking clubs in Canada use our other publication WineMaker as an automatic membership benefit). Here is how it would work. For just $10 (Canadian) per member your entire club will automatically receive the magazine 8 times per year mailed to their homes. Other clubs have found this program to be a great promotional tool to get new members and renew current ones. (Get a one year subscription to Brew Your Own - a $33 value free with your dues to the Edmonton Homebrewers Guild) But this price is only good if all of your members automatically receive the magazine as part of their dues. In other words, there is no opt-in provision. To take advantage of this offer, simply send me a complete list of your members address and one check in Canadian funds to cover the total cost. If a member already has a subscription, no problem. I will extend their current subscription out by another 8 issues under this offer. Please mark on your list which members will be renewing and which will be getting the magazine as new subscribers to avoid any confusion. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Cheers!
Brad

Brad Ring
Publisher
Brew Your Own magazine, WineMaker magazine WineMaker International
Amateur Wine Competition WineMaker Magazine Conference
brad (at) byo (dot) com

bump. Yeah, sorry. Another thread resurrection. :rolleyes:

Is anyone aware if this offer is still open?

Will definitely bring this to the attention of my club. B)

Melbourne Brewers have had a great relationship with Brad at BYO for years now, and we still get the advantage of the bulk price. We get the shipment in one shot and then distribute out to the club members at meetings to keep the costs to an absolute minimum.

Les - hope you're coming to ANHC this year - I have one of your long lost growlers to get back to you...

Cheers!

Andy

Melbourne Brewers have had a great relationship with Brad at BYO for years now, and we still get the advantage of the bulk price. We get the shipment in one shot and then distribute out to the club members at meetings to keep the costs to an absolute minimum.

Les - hope you're coming to ANHC this year - I have one of your long lost growlers to get back to you...

Cheers!

Andy
Thank you, oh beer god!

Back