Burning Ring Of Fire.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
Oh dear, I'm starting to sound like I write for the Daily Telegraph..

Anyway, dose anyone here use one of these for their full boils?

2ringbnr.jpg

I just need to know if they throw enough heat to do the job.
My current method is hefting the keggle up onto the BBQ, works OK, but with thirty odd liters of hot wort sloshing around in your face as I carry it from the kitchen, its getting old.

Oh dear, I'm starting to sound like I write for the Daily Telegraph..

Anyway, dose anyone here use one of these for their full boils?

2ringbnr.jpg

I just need to know if they throw enough heat to do the job.
My current method is hefting the keggle up onto the BBQ, works OK, but with thirty odd liters of hot wort sloshing around in your face as I carry it from the kitchen, its getting old.

Hey Dave, i use the 3-ring version for my 35 litre boils and it works fine, i usually turn the middle burner off, and the other two rings right down off once the boil is acheived and and it keeps the rolling boil pretty constant.

The one pictured is only a 2-ring, may take a little longer to get up to the boil, but once there it might be OK. biggest issue will be achieving the boil. Go the 3 ring of you can IMO.

Andy

Love the title!

Damn misleading news headlines... *shakes fist in the air* :angry:

I've got a 3 ring aswell and it works well on a 25L batch... Soon to find out how it will cope with 50L

Cheers

I use the 2 ring on my kettle for 25L batches. I get it up to boil with the gas and an immersion element, then once it's boiling I turn off the element and leave the gas on full bore. Gives it a nice rolling boil. I think a 3-ring would be needed for 50L batches.

- Snow

i've used a 2 ring burner for ~25-30L boils - it's slow to get to the boil, but works fine. once it's at boil i would even kill the inner ring.

the burners themselves seem to be sooty as buggery though.

Latest posts

Back