Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewers beware............. an eskimo once told me that there is nothing more important than a tight seal :p

Cheers

Paul

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
6 - big78sam (depending on final price)
7 - Pokolbinguy

If we can get a decent price I am happy to do this ASAP...but obviously it is numbers depended. Has anyone got one of these??

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/eurolab-fo...d-fresh-longer/

We should also try and get one that you can use the most cost effective bags with...the tube bagging seems the best I assume where you cut it to the length you want and then heat seal one end...vacuum and seal the other.

That was my first sealer and a waste of money, it came with the plain bags and is not much use with them, you would need to buy the ripple bags for it to work properly.
I upgraded to the nozzle model link 1 and it works well with both style of bags, make an offer for all 10, say $99.00 each or less if you want, if accepted you will all get 450 bags as well.

Beware, if you make an offer using the ebay "make an offer" feature and it's accepted you have bought the items, there is no thinking about it.
Cheers
Andrew

Got a response regarding these ones:

Linky

$70.00 Each if we buy 20 or more.

EDIT - Im sure like others, I would rather spend say $100 on a unit that is going to do the job instead of $50 on one that will be a hassle to use.

I get the impression the ones in link 1 would be the best choice. I think they are the same as these (Linky) ... and can be had for $69 if we buy 50+ units...not sure what price if approx 20 units.

i agree i will spend the money if it works well (cheaper is still better within reason), if its just rubbish then we are better off without the hassle

If its a $20 cost difference that means the bags are 1/2 price i'm happy with the $100 price point.

That was my first sealer and a waste of money, it came with the plain bags and is not much use with them, you would need to buy the ripple bags for it to work properly.
I upgraded to the nozzle model link 1 and it works well with both style of bags, make an offer for all 10, say $99.00 each or less if you want, if accepted you will all get 450 bags as well.

Beware, if you make an offer using the ebay "make an offer" feature and it's accepted you have bought the items, there is no thinking about it.
Cheers
Andrew

I agree with Andrew, get the better machine you will have it for many years. Include into what you pay the value of 450 bags.

No affiliation to any supplier. I had the 280v model from thepackagingcentre and it died under warranty and they replaced it with a 320v model.

QldKev

$15.50 with 2 hours to go? Is $70 even cheap?

I too would like a good one but it is just a vacuum sealer and to be honest I don't want to spend a whole heap of money on one so I can use it when I retire or something like that. I think the cheapest one that does the job and has cheap consumables is the go personally, but then if you can get a much better one for $10 more than fair enough.

I bought one off ebay last week. Tried it out on some hops and it worked great. Cost $32.00 + $22.00 P&P registered. There has been a heap of these being sold and feedback seems positive.

Don't bother with the download the pic doesn't come up :rolleyes:

Got a response regarding these ones:

Linky

EDIT - Im sure like others, I would rather spend say $100 on a unit that is going to do the job instead of $50 on one that will be a hassle to use.

I get the impression the ones in link 1 would be the best choice. I think they are the same as these (Linky) ... and can be had for $69 if we buy 50+ units...not sure what price if approx 20 units.

The first link here sounds more versatile and has more Vacuum power (0.050MPa vs 0.035 MPa).

Both can seal all bags. Didn't look into the price of bags though, or if it seals the silver bags.

Cheers Jason.

Link 2 and Link 4 look like the ones that don't need special bags and they're cheaper. What are peoples thoughts?

Links 2 & 4 are the same, just branded different. They will only work with the channel type bags so normal plastic bags wont cut it. These can be got on line or from Aldi when on special. FWIW I bought one of these off the nett and also got the vacuum canisters which I find very efficient. The little knob on the right hand side takes the tube. I have used most of the 'free' bags provided with the unit but can also reuse those bags in future. I got mine for about $80 plus delivery so you should do a whole lot better than that for a BB.

Cheers, Hoges.

This does everything I wanted it to do and also has the canister attachement.

Links 2 & 4 are the same, just branded different. They will only work with the channel type bags so normal plastic bags wont cut it.

:eek:

you are right. I originally read the following
Reseals Foods in their Original Package (e.g. Potato Chips) or Bags Provided
which I think is deliberately misleading. I guess it can 'seal' any bag but can only vacuum the channel bags. Bastards. Let's scrub these guys off the list.

I got a reply from "The packaging centre"

Hi Brett,
Not a problem, we can organize that! If you were to take 20 or more, I can do them for $130 per unit including GST. Let me know if I can assist further. Thanks Chris (Link to item)

This seems the same as the unit we have been offered for $69 (given 50 units - Link)....I can't see that the 400 bags are worth $61 ... but I could be wrong.

What do we think??

Check their website, you'd be surprised...

50 Asst $10.00 (guesstimate as not offered as a package)
100x 130*150 $ 8.00
100x 130*190 $11.00
100x 150*200 $13.00
100x 165*200 $14.00
TOTAL $56.00

So it is up there.... depending on what you get in the 50 assorted I guess....

EDIT: But I suppose it doesn't take into consideration Bulk Buy power though...

I got a reply from "The packaging centre"

Hi Brett,
Not a problem, we can organize that! If you were to take 20 or more, I can do them for $130 per unit including GST. Let me know if I can assist further. Thanks Chris (Link to item)

This seems the same as the unit we have been offered for $69 (given 50 units - Link)....I can't see that the 400 bags are worth $61 ... but I could be wrong.

What do we think??

That's the same one I referred to in my earlier post, I made an offer of $139.00 for one and it was accepted. maybe you can squeeze a little more out of them.

Andrew

Ok at the moment I am communicating with the people at http://www.sealandpack.com/

The units on their website are priced at $159 + 19.90 freight...so under $100 seems like a good price...anyway I will get back to you when I have some prices and info.

Bags are priced at the following on their website:

19 x23 cm $15.00 /per 100
22 x34 cm $25.00 /per 100

Im interested but I have NFI what models everyone is keen on so i dont know if im keen on the bulk buy or not?!

OK So at the moment we are looking at the following unit. It seems to have the best specs and can be used without buying expensive special Channel bags).

Price should be under $100 a unit + shipping.

Will post more info when I have it.

vacuum1.jpg

http://www.mqtrade.com/sealandpack/homevacuum%20sealers.htm

I think this list is everyone so far

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
8 - BusinessTime (depending on final price & only if not a channel type)
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo

...Now to go empty my boiler
13. Siiren

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
8 - BusinessTime (depending on final price & only if not a channel type)
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo
13. Siiren
14. Dicko ACT

Back