Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry just to be more of a PITA $100 does that include any bags? I'm assuming not?

And would they be doing this like "drop shipping" or would they be forwarded to your place and then you have to send them out to the individual buyers, if so whats the expected "landed price" at MY door? (sorry just trying to wrap my head around it thats all)

Sorry just to be more of a PITA $100 does that include any bags? I'm assuming not?

And would they be doing this like "drop shipping" or would they be forwarded to your place and then you have to send them out to the individual buyers, if so whats the expected "landed price" at MY door? (sorry just trying to wrap my head around it thats all)

I will let everyone know when I know. At the moment I am unsure.

$100 should include bags...and hopefully postage to your door....But thats just assumptions at the moment

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
6 - big78sam (depending on final price)
7 - Pokolbinguy
8 - BusinessTime (depending on final price & only if not a channel type)
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo
13. Siiren
14. Dicko ACT
15. Birkdale Bob

Just a thought, you will need bags one way or another, why not hit Seal and Pack up for a similar package that The Packaging Centre is offering ie Unit + 450 bags for $130.00. The unit is identical by the looks of it so comparing apples with apples.

OK So at the moment we are looking at the following unit. It seems to have the best specs and can be used without buying expensive special Channel bags).

Price should be under $100 a unit + shipping.

Will post more info when I have it.

View attachment 33763

http://www.mqtrade.com/sealandpack/homevacuum%20sealers.htm

I think this list is everyone so far

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo
13. Siiren
14. TidalPete (Only if under $100 + shipping)

...Now to go empty my boiler

This unit looks almost the exact replica of the vacuum sealer I have just used to seal 5.0Kg of Chink hops with & quite possibly very similar to AndrewQLD's as well. ;)
Probably Certainly the best of the lot on offer so far IMHO.
Would the bulk buy quote come down further if bags were excluded? Plenty of places on the web to get cheap, good quality vacuum bags.

TP

Would the bulk buy quote come down further if bags were excluded? Plenty of places on the web to get cheap, good quality vacuum bags.

Ok will see what I can come up with.

At the moment if we can get an idea of numbers then that will determine my bargaining power.

Cheers, Pok

At the moment 15 units....we need more to get a good price I gather..

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo
13. Siiren
14. Dicko ACT
15. Birkdale Bob

If it's over $100 I'm definitely out. I can't see myself getting that kind of return on investment in the next 10 years to be honest.

I'm about to go to KMart and will check if they have something cheap there.

No prob Mark....I will endeavour to keep the price as low as possible!!

Ok will see what I can come up with.

At the moment if we can get an idea of numbers then that will determine my bargaining power.

Cheers, Pok

At the moment 15 units....we need more to get a good price I gather..

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo
13. Siiren
14. Dicko ACT
15. Birkdale Bob
16. TidalPete (Only if under $100 + shipping)

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo
13. Siiren
14. Dicko ACT
15. Birkdale Bob
16. TidalPete (Only if under $100 + shipping)
17 Peteoz77

I just got the sealandpack model, plus I added some extra bags (450 in total) to the transaction as there was no extra shipping. Cost was $153 to my door. Will post some feedback once it arrives!

Cheers

OK So at the moment we are looking at the following unit. It seems to have the best specs and can be used without buying expensive special Channel bags).

Price should be under $100 a unit + shipping.

Will post more info when I have it.

View attachment 33763

http://www.mqtrade.com/sealandpack/homevacuum%20sealers.htm

Yes this looks like the same model I have, Tidalpete used it to pack our Chinese hops.

I paid $120.00 postage included some years back, $100.00 sounds a good deal to me.
You can use plain vacuum bags, I buy them from a guy who once had an ebay store.
Pricing here

The min. order is 200pcs for a pack.

The total payment is $16.00 + $9.90 P & H = $25.90 for 200pcs 14cm x 22cm vacuum bags

I can fit 350gm plus in these bags but only put 100-200gm in them.There is plenty of bag left to cut off and reseal many times.
Go for it guys you won't be disappointed, it's a great investment for storing your hops.

Batz

that sealnpack version is just a rebranded version of the other nozzle sealers, I'd go for the cheapest one since theyre all the same, just with different badges.

that sealnpack version is just a rebranded version of the other nozzle sealers, I'd go for the cheapest one since they're all the same, just with different badges.

Yes this is true.

"Seal n Pack" sell them for $99 buy it now + $19.90 postage on ebay...this includes 50 bags (sort of hints that you can pick what size bags u want).

The other ebay supplier (thepackagingcentre) is selling the same for $179 + $19.90 postage incl 450 bags....the bags are smaller than the ones on the seal and pack website...so assuming they sell for $10/100pk then they are giving you $40 worth of bags more than "seal n Pack"...makes the unit $139...so minimum $40 more expensive.

If someone can come up with a cheaper supplier of this model vacuum sealer then let us know!!

I feel like I am repeating the same info here that I have said previously....but no problem with being clear.

Pok

Yes this is true.

"Seal n Pack" sell them for $99 buy it now + $19.90 postage on ebay...this includes 50 bags (sort of hints that you can pick what size bags u want).

The other ebay supplier (thepackagingcentre) is selling the same for $179 + $19.90 postage incl 450 bags....the bags are smaller than the ones on the seal and pack website...so assuming they sell for $10/100pk then they are giving you $40 worth of bags more than "seal n Pack"...makes the unit $139...so minimum $40 more expensive.

If someone can come up with a cheaper supplier of this model vacuum sealer then let us know!!

I feel like I am repeating the same info here that I have said previously....but no problem with being clear.

Pok

Ok just checked back and this is the guy I bought mine from 3 years back, also the guy I still buy my bags through.
I recommend the sealer and the service for what that's worth. BTW mine will reseal a craftbrewer bag as well, you just adjust the sealing heat time.

Batz

Good to know Batz, will be much easier re-using the silver packs with this sealer. Can't wait for the bugger to arrive :)

Cheers

Yes this is true.

Pok

Me too, but I'll do it again...

This is the one I "made an offer" of $139.00 for ONE unit with the 450 bags the bags were 4 different sizes, the smalles being bigger than required for 100g hops. I won the offer.

You guys are buying up to 20, why aren't you agreeing between each other on a max price you will pay and "make an offer" on ebay for lots of 10.
If I could get one for $139.00 you should be able to get a better price for 10.

Andrew

Batz do you mean you bought it from "Seal and Pack" ???

Seems like they may be the go if they come to the party with the price.

No prob Mark....I will endeavour to keep the price as low as possible!!

Heh, KMart had crappy sunbeam channel ones for $130. Bags worked out to over $1 each too. I have a new perspective on this now haha.

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
7 - Pokolbinguy
9. Gout
10. MarkBastard
11. Galamus
12. Komodo x 3 (so 13. and 14. too)
15. Siiren
16. Dicko ACT
17. Birkdale Bob
18. TidalPete (Only if under $100 + shipping)
19. Peteoz77

Back