Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
G'day Folks,

Following the success of the hop bulk buy and the increasing use of vacuum sealers by home brewers I thought we might be able to line up a bulk buy on these units.

There seems to be a number of different types, models and prices.

I hit up the ebay supplier that runs this auction (Linky) and they said is I order 50+ units then they will drop the price from $99 plus postage to $69. A saving of rouhly 30%.

Now I would love to get my hands on one of these puppies...but not sure how much we should be paying....and whom to get them from.

Deals Direct.com.au has units for $49.95 + $9.95 Postage (so $60)...but this is their own web price...I will email them and see if they can make it better.

Anyway any suggestions or interest would be great.

Cheers, Pok

Ive already bought one of the ebay jobbies (looks like the same unit as the one pictured) and its fine. what it lacks is massive vaccumeing power, but it does the job.

any chance of a bulk order on vacume seal packs themselves as well?

I'm interested if it's the one you've linked above that uses regular bags etc.

And provided they don't try and rip off with postage.

do these work with the silver bags the HBS uses? ( i assume they are better at stopping O2 getting to your hops)

I am interested if we get the numbers
nice find!

cheers

I'm interested if you are quick. I've put an order in with Santa for Xmas.

I'm interested, dependant on final price.

do these work with the silver bags the HBS uses? ( i assume they are better at stopping O2 getting to your hops)

nice find!

cheers

CM2 might be able to tell us that.

I'll try and suss out more info tonight. At the moment Im eating some lunch while my Mash sits and...mashes. About time I did some brewing again...planning two batches today.

Pok

i beleive they work with the 'silver bags' (mylar). Maple has a vaccume sealer and uses mylar bags.

I'm in the market for one but I don't think the BB will go ahead before xmas, as SWMBO has promised me one under the tree.

Just looking at different models the stand out differences are -

some of them state 0.035Mpa Vacuum Capacity and others 50kPa.

some require channeled bags and others can use almost any bag

Maximum sealing width either 28cm or 30cm

Comparisons:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

I'm in the market for one but I don't think the BB will go ahead before xmas, as SWMBO has promised me one under the tree.

Just looking at different models the stand out differences are -

some of them state 0.035Mpa Vacuum Capacity and others 50kPa.

some require channeled bags and others can use almost any bag

Maximum sealing width either 28cm or 30cm

Comparisons:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4
:eek:

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
6 - big78sam (depending on final price)

1 - Franko
2 - chappo71
3 - Mark^*******
4 - Gout
5 - rosswill (if quick)
6 - big78sam (depending on final price)
7 - Pokolbinguy

If we can get a decent price I am happy to do this ASAP...but obviously it is numbers depended. Has anyone got one of these??

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/eurolab-fo...d-fresh-longer/

We should also try and get one that you can use the most cost effective bags with...the tube bagging seems the best I assume where you cut it to the length you want and then heat seal one end...vacuum and seal the other.

nice find!

cheers

You would need to find out on some of the cheaper ones, I use the TPC320v (link 1) and it has a timer you can set. 2 seconds for the plastic bags, 5 secs for the foil bags.

QldKev

I sent the following message to the sellers of Link 2, 3 and 4 (already sent a message to "1" the other day...no reply yet)

Hi,
I am interested in buying a decent volume of these sealers (approx 20-50). Would you be able to do a special buy it now price on these units?
Regards, Brett

Shall wait and see what happens.

Pok

me, Thirstyboy and a few others have the model from link 1. seems to work alright.

I sent the following message to the sellers of Link 2, 3 and 4 (already sent a message to "1" the other day...no reply yet)

Hi,
I am interested in buying a decent volume of these sealers (approx 20-50). Would you be able to do a special buy it now price on these units?
Regards, Brett

Shall wait and see what happens.

Pok

Try and negotiate a deal that doesn't involve Ebay, as he'll be able to reduce fees and go cheaper.

Link 2 and Link 4 look like the ones that don't need special bags and they're cheaper. What are peoples thoughts?

Latest posts

Back