Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, the reason for aluminium foil bags is not to block light but prevent permeability. Packing the hops in the clear bags no matter what polymer you choose for your plastic you won't get much joy from a long term storage while maintaining freshness point of view.

All my sealer bags I set aside in the cupboard to use for food or marinating steaks under vacuum and ordered bloody expensive foil bags (thickest deposition of foil I could find for sale). Anyone who tries to go cheap on foil and orders the ones used to make those foil party balloons soon discover pin holes throughout their sealed bags which makes them poor and just as effective as sealing in clear plastic bags.

My freezer is now full of aluminium baggies just like in the shops. I've had to give up buying ice cream :) but its for a worthy cause! :p

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Further to the delivery saga...........Emailed MQ Trade, Micheal responded within 30 min advising the item was sent via Fastway Courier and provided me with the tracking advice. Item was in the couriers van on the Sunshine Coast at 12.25 on the 15th. Called Fastway and they called the delivery driver.

Yes she has had it in the van since 15th, will deliver it tomorrow afternoon. Have been home for all but 2 hrs on 16th.

Note to self, don't use them for delivery, especially for liquid yeast from Craftbrewer.

Courier service a bit ordinary, but great service from MQ Trade.

Screwy

It'll be here any time now Mike.

Waiting4Raise.jpg

Batz

hooray. It finally arrived. Must remember to NEVER use FastWays again.

Have sealed up all these hops now. Great little machine. Took a few bags to get used to it. The instructions, especially the booklet, are truly mad in some places. I dare anyone to be able to fully explain the tables at the back of the booklet.

Maybe (probably) I'm an idiot, but here are my tips for using.
- when attaching the bag initially, leave the hops heaped at the bottom of the bag and away from the nozzle.
- Spread the bag opening so there are no creases. Close the lid until it clicks
- tip the bag up so the hops fall towards the machine and the vacuum nozzle.
- Hit the on button. Give the bag a gentle jiggle or two to get air pockets out if needed. Not too much or you will create creases at the opening
- Seal

Should end up with a hard rigid package. Not a bag of chips.

Cheers
Polar

Hi

Ordered Tuesday and it arrived Friday morning - great turn a round time

cheers

Greg

My Fastway 1-2 day delivery from Ross was 5 days and soon going on 6 days after Andrew got onto their arse so I can vouch for it being a bit hit and miss depending on which franchise ends up in the delivery chain.

Must be a Canberra thing. I regularly order from Craftbrewer on a Monday, which I assume then gets shipped out on Tuesday. It's not uncommon for it not to turn up that week via Fastway. Often the delivery times are completely random as well, like 9pm on a Friday night, or 3pm on a Sunday afternoon.

Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks for organising Pok.

Unfortuantely the vac sealer had an electrical short in it on arrival, so am following up with Michael.

Arrived yesterday afternoon, response from Vikki the courier driver "sorry, she was buried under a lot of stuff in the back, I missed seeing it the last few days"

Then she handed me an electronic device to sign for delivery, couldn't resist, said "you would think with all this technology that this device would remind you it was undelivered after it was not signed for on the first day" ya know, she looked at me as though I actually knew something about the device :lol:

Thanks Pok and all for organising this, top effort.

Screwy

Yes, customer service has been exemplary! Have returned the Vac Sealer and will get a replacement one in due course.

Any ones sealers not clamp down properly. Mine does but mum and dads doesnt - particularly on one side. Doesnt seem to be an issue - just means you need to hold it down.

FYI, the reason for aluminium foil bags is not to block light but prevent permeability. Packing the hops in the clear bags no matter what polymer you choose for your plastic you won't get much joy from a long term storage while maintaining freshness point of view.

All my sealer bags I set aside in the cupboard to use for food or marinating steaks under vacuum and ordered bloody expensive foil bags (thickest deposition of foil I could find for sale). Anyone who tries to go cheap on foil and orders the ones used to make those foil party balloons soon discover pin holes throughout their sealed bags which makes them poor and just as effective as sealing in clear plastic bags.

My freezer is now full of aluminium baggies just like in the shops. I've had to give up buying ice cream :) but its for a worthy cause! :p

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Where do you get these aluminium bags from? And would they work with this devise? Sorry if it's already been answered.

Anyone else had theirs quit working?

Mine worked fine the last time I used it, but today it has no suction....

Not Happy :(

I got one of those from Fyshwick once. You can't exchange, apparently.

Mine is working fine ATM.
If you are having trouble you should email Michael at Seal and Pack ([email protected]) Page 9, Post 171 of this thread & tell him the problem.
Mine came with a 12 month warranty so I suppose yours did too? Let us know how the after sales service goes.

TP

Mine is working fine ATM.
If you are having trouble you should email Michael at Seal and Pack ([email protected]) Page 9, Post 171 of this thread & tell him the problem.
Mine came with a 12 month warranty so I suppose yours did too? Let us know how the after sales service goes.

TP

I sent him a message, and already got a reply!

I'll let you know how it goes....

mine was being a twat tonight!!! but being NYE i will wait and see

a few times (80% of the time) it sucked air then didnt seal( no light nothing) - i tried again and movine my hands improved it so i think its still ok.

some bags just dont want to seal tho - they will learn via a boil and beer asap

Brewer Pete,

where u get the alu bags & how much ?

cheers & happy ny

try The Packing Centre for local supplies of Foil Bags. The thickest foil they have is 100um and they are $140 for 100 bags or $70 for 50 plus shipping. You can cut the 100um bags into three if you want to make smaller 90-100 gram hop bags.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Latest posts

Back