Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to CraftBrewer (Brisbane) & my own Save the World fugalness I have an ice cream container absolutely chockers with 2nd hand ally hop bags that my new sealer seals when set to the maximum sealing time. They are sterilised beforehand of course. :)

TP

Thanks to CraftBrewer (Brisbane) & my own Save the World fugalness I have an ice cream container absolutely chockers with 2nd hand ally hop bags that my new sealer seals when set to the maximum sealing time. They are sterilised beforehand of course. :)

TP
Fantastic recycling, Pete. And If you seal them right at the end, you can use them over an over until they get too small.
I wish I'd saved all mine now.

try The Packing Centre for local supplies of Foil Bags. The thickest foil they have is 100um and they are $140 for 100 bags or $70 for 50 plus shipping. You can cut the 100um bags into three if you want to make smaller 90-100 gram hop bags.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

What size are they Pete?

I got one of those from Fyshwick once. You can't exchange, apparently.

It doesn't matter what the dealer says, or whether or not there is a warranty, you have a statutory right to get what you paid for under the Trade Practices Act 1974. If the item was faulty, it is a breach of contract between buyer & seller and the buyer is entitled to remedy from the seller - including full refund (not just store credit). If it doesn't last the period of time you would expect from the kind of item you purchased, you are also entitled to remedy - in this case replacement or repair. It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who you have the contract with, and is therefore the one obligated to act.

It is illegal for a store owner to mislead customers by implying you do not have these rights. "The ACCC treats misleading conduct very seriously, and can take court action against businesses that mislead or deceive consumers about their rights. This can result in fines of up to $1.1 million for businesses and $220 000 for individuals." Warranties & Refunds, A guide for consumers and business, ACCC 2009.

Guys, foil bags means you can store hops for a year or more with the least degradation. Standard plastic bags will get you months before oxidation starts to deplete the quality. If standard plastic bags worked you would see all hops in standard plastic in the LHBSs.

Ross, the bags are 300mm x 400mm x 100um Aluminium deposit.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

It doesn't matter what the dealer says, or whether or not there is a warranty, you have a statutory right to get what you paid for under the Trade Practices Act 1974. If the item was faulty, it is a breach of contract between buyer & seller and the buyer is entitled to remedy from the seller - including full refund (not just store credit). If it doesn't last the period of time you would expect from the kind of item you purchased, you are also entitled to remedy - in this case replacement or repair. It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who you have the contract with, and is therefore the one obligated to act.

It is illegal for a store owner to mislead customers by implying you do not have these rights. "The ACCC treats misleading conduct very seriously, and can take court action against businesses that mislead or deceive consumers about their rights. This can result in fines of up to $1.1 million for businesses and $220 000 for individuals." Warranties & Refunds, A guide for consumers and business, ACCC 2009.
That is all correct information, however the Fyshwick comment most likely referred to one of the large numbers of brothels (and antique stores apparently... strange combination if you ask me) in that locale.

OK, I'm an idiot. I was trying to fit 6 lamb chops into the bag and seal it. Everything fir, but it would just NOT seal. Today I took the bag out of the fridge and.... one of the bones had poked a hole through the bag. I put then all into a new bag and ZIP, it sealed perfectly. I I was tring to deal a bad bag yesterday.. OOpps!

You may or may not have. Send an email and find out.

D: Damn! Missed out on the BB. Is this going to be re-organised?

You may try getting it from http://myworld.ebay.com.au/es1161/. This seller is whom I bought mine from way before the bulk buy started. His Buy-It-Now standard price is $89 AUD. I forget what shipping will cost. That is with 20 plastic bags I believe which was fine for me as I won't use them for hops and also got the Aluminium Foil bags from the packing centre which is what I was looking for to seal my hops. I use the plastic for sealing meats/marinades and for sealing my mouldy rice spores for long term storage (used in making new mouldy rice to brew Sake, and Miso, etc.)

EDIT: Found his shipping costs
Shipping And Handling With Free Insurance
Victoria: 15
Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra (Metro): 17
Brisbane (Metro), NSW, SA (Regional) Tasmania (Metro): 19
Perth, Darwin: 33

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

As mentioned about just email and see what Michael says...worst case scenario he will say no....but I some how doubt it....if not buy one from the ebay store above...seems a good price.

Pok

Received my replacement vacuum sealer yesterday. This one works great. Brilliant service by Michael. :super:

If anyone's still interested in this, I emailed Michael from Seal and Pack today and already got a reply. He is still willing to do this deal ($95 incl. Delivery and 50 bags).

I jumped in a little after most of you guys, but just before xmas, so didn't expect my order to arrive until recently. It arrived yesterday after a query to Michael about its shipment status... seems it got mixed up in the pre xmas rush and was over looked... Not to worry, Michael posted it out promptly and it works very well... I've been vacuum sealing anything that isn't nailed down... haha

Well done to pokolbinguy for a fantasticly managed and organised bulk buy... A benchmark against which to measure other buys.

Is everyone still happy with their vacuum sealers?
Just thought I would check before buying one.

Gregor

Yep. Works really well. Simple to use.

- Snow

Latest posts

Back