Bulk Buy - Vacuum Sealers...interest And Info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It vibrates like a angry dildo.

Sealed up some herbs this morning. Worked ok. Will be better if the bags fuller i.e. hops, meat, cheese.

Pretty happy with the purchase. Thanks again. Anyone else wants one jump in and email him. Its worth it imho.

I can see it getting used for camping - sealing meat etc. And just letting the bags float in the esky. No more blood everywhere, and worrying about the meat getting spoilt.

Thanks again Brett, and Merry Christmas all.

What size bags come with the sealer..? (the 50 free)
Did anyone purchase extra bags....?
whats the concensus on best size for hops

The little feet on the device keep leaving black marks on my bench <_< any tips there?

Yeh mine likes to walk around the bench :(

It vibrates like a angry dildo.

Got any of the non slip mat from Clarke Rubber or even a place mat maybe a go?

Haven't got to open the parcel yet... SWMBO is making me wait til xmas <_< ...

but I did get my own back, she has to wait til then to play her Wii-Fit haha :p ...

Cheers

Sully

What size bags come with the sealer..? (the 50 free)
Did anyone purchase extra bags....?
whats the concensus on best size for hops

You get 3 different types of bags including I think 20 of the smallest ones.

The smallest ones are the best size for hops. They'll fit about 250g of hops in them! You wouldn't want to go any bigger than that unless you wanna seal the full kg or something.

If you wanna do less than 250g of hops, you're best to cut the bag to a smaller size. Otherwise it just sucks the bag closed in front of the suction nozzle and doesn't get a chance to suck the air out from around the actual hops.

i must not be as skilled as Mark as i could only get 90g in my half bags ( smallest size cut in half)

the key was not getting a ripple in the bag at the point of seal. i was getting good towards the end of the 1kg so maybe 100g next time

the freezer is packed with bags now and they look great. A mate often asks for small amounts of hops so 90g bag is nice and easy to hand over

here's to fresh hops

(note: i find once the seal is flat, push the hops towards the vac tounge and it sucks out the air without sucking the bag itself)
great buy - now the room has the sent of amarillo

That's another thing, are you guys covering your hops in a light-proof bag at all? Is it worth it? I have mine in a thick white plastic bag to stop light getting in because the vacuum bags are see-through. I'd much rather be able to store directly in the freezer though. Not sure if it's an issue or not.

Thanks for the bag info *******

It'd be pretty dark in the freezer wouldnt it..? i personally wont be too concerned about a light issue.

I bought about 450 extra bags between two of us (mum & dad and kel & I) and I reacon I've got enough to last me a bloody long time but I figured it was a good time to get them with free shipping. plus mum and dad have heaps of storage space :p
In hind sight probably worth getting the machine with the 50 free bags and working out what sizes you use and just order as you need them.

False alarm! Was a registered post document bag from the Accountant :(

Still waiting

Screwy

Further to the delivery saga...........Emailed MQ Trade, Micheal responded within 30 min advising the item was sent via Fastway Courier and provided me with the tracking advice. Item was in the couriers van on the Sunshine Coast at 12.25 on the 15th. Called Fastway and they called the delivery driver.

Yes she has had it in the van since 15th, will deliver it tomorrow afternoon. Have been home for all but 2 hrs on 16th.

Note to self, don't use them for delivery, especially for liquid yeast from Craftbrewer.

Courier service a bit ordinary, but great service from MQ Trade.

Screwy

Note to self, don't use them for delivery, especially for liquid yeast from Craftbrewer.

I stopped using Fastway for deliveries from Craftbrewer ages ago. They're really sketchy to my place in Canberra. I pay the premium for Express Post for hops and yeast.

Serious?

My experience with Fastway has always been fantastic. Used them multiple times, from Craftbrewer mostly, but also others.

Always next day delivery without fail. The driver calls me before leaving the depot to make sure I'll be home, and also calls en route to let me know if she's running later than anticipated!

Nothing short of fantastic imo.

Thanks heaps, pokolbinguy! A perfect bulk buy!

Have only used Fastway a couple of times. Can't complain too much about them. I usually pick my craftbrewer orders up from the store or from BABBs meetings.... since I have that luxury. Australian Air Express gets my vote for the best courier... Always have great service from them.

Weird, AAE are by far the most pathetic courier I've dealt with.

It's sometimes a matter of how good the driver is that does your area too though.

Weird, AAE are by far the most pathetic courier I've dealt with.

It's sometimes a matter of how good the driver is that does your area too though.

I would agree the driver has a fair bit to do with it, working from home we would courier a lot of documents, usually aroung qld & previously we would supply a bottle of Bourbon (his choice not mine) to our driver each Christmas.

Now that we moved into an office our new driver will be lucky to score a shit sandwich this year. <_<

Cheers

Paul

Serious?

My experience with Fastway has always been fantastic. Used them multiple times, from Craftbrewer mostly, but also others.

Always next day delivery without fail. The driver calls me before leaving the depot to make sure I'll be home, and also calls en route to let me know if she's running later than anticipated!

Nothing short of fantastic imo.

Most of the Fastway drivers are independant franchises & from the feedback we get, most are excellent.
When we operated the business from home though, the driver for a time was on salary (in between franchises) & he was bloody hopeless. Crashed into the house smashing our airconditioning & if he was busy, wouldn't even bother coming to collect.

Cheers Ross

Most of the Fastway drivers are independant franchises & from the feedback we get, most are excellent.
When we operated the business from home though, the driver for a time was on salary (in between franchises) & he was bloody hopeless. Crashed into the house smashing our airconditioning & if he was busy, wouldn't even bother coming to collect.

Cheers Ross

Probably blinded by all the bling at your place Ross!!!

My Fastway 1-2 day delivery from Ross was 5 days and soon going on 6 days after Andrew got onto their arse so I can vouch for it being a bit hit and miss depending on which franchise ends up in the delivery chain.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Back