Bulk Buy: High Pressure Lpg Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outer hole cleaning - I found the burner is now self cleaning! All holes are working perfectly in low power mode - high power does an awesome blast/burn clean!

I decided we needed a video of the burner in action.... so here it is. Cool sound!

http://www.brewerhood.com/burner.wmv
M

Cool! Would opening the air rings up a bit more help to keep more flames? Looked to me like the outer ring was starved of oxygen.

Getting more oxygen to the outer ring is definitley the problem - but the air intake is open as far as it goes! The real issue is the volume of gas going through a device designed for pressures not that high.

I suppose I could always hook up my blower vac onto the air intake ;)

M

Getting more oxygen to the outer ring is definitley the problem - but the air intake is open as far as it goes! The real issue is the volume of gas going through a device designed for pressures not that high.

I suppose I could always hook up my blower vac onto the air intake ;)

M
I was wondering if the kettle was over the burner (re Video example) if this would make a difference.Like would this help to ignite the unburnt gas.I havent got mine yet to do the experiment but am looking forward to having a play.In my previous occupation we cast gold and platinum for crown and bridge dental restorations and would use a mixture of LPG and O2 in separate bottles and regs. This really produced some fierce heat.
Gryphon Brewing

I just had a little play with the reg and my 3-ring. I found max performance was with the air rings about 1/4 open and lots of pressure, but not maximum. At that point, I was getting complete coverage of blue flames about an inch high! This varied with the number of rings I had burning. ie, when turning off the outside ring, the middle one needed a little more O2...

Definitely an improvement on the BBQ reg. I think a little more experimentation might be needed to get good clean flames with variable heat output.

I have just taken delivery of 3 regs and hoses.

thanks Tim for organising this.

Rook

Awesome, thanks Rook.

I've just dispatched packages to the following people:

Batz
Doogiechap
Forkboy
frogman
Gulpa
ratchie
Recharge
v8r

Enjoy! B)

Thanks Phrak,
Bulk buys take quite some effot and loss of hair :p
Much appreciated by us all I am sure

Cheers :beerbang:

Batz

Awesome, thanks Rook.

I've just dispatched packages to the following people:

Batz
Doogiechap
Forkboy
frogman
Gulpa
ratchie
Recharge
v8r

Enjoy! B)

WHOO HOOO!
Watch out Mr post man.
I'm likley to attack.

FROGMAN.

Got mine, but i think i got ripped off!!!

My box only said medium pressure LP Gas regulator and not HIGH PRESSURE!!! hahahahahahahahaha ;)

Bring this shit on! Fire engine red too, dope.

cheers again too all crew who orgaised and helped with this. love ya work.

only said medium pressure LP Gas regulator and not HIGH PRESSURE!!! hahahahahahahahaha ;)
Yeah, HIGH pressure means a different thing to the GAS industry than it does to us lowly home-brewers :blink: :p Trust me, we DON'T want to be playing with true high pressure regs! flamed.gif

Mate i'll trust you all the way to the grave on that one. I cannot even imagine what a true HP Reg would do.

Thanls again phrak i owe you a beer ;)

Mine arrived today.
Cant wait to fire it up.
Now just need a burner that can cope with it. Don't think my 2 ring gas burner will cut the mustard.
Will come in handy in the near future when I move to the dark side.

Thanks Again,
FROGMAN

Mine arrived yesterday, just as I was leaving the house to buy the ingredients for my first AG.

Fired it up today, and working well.

Thanks muchly Phrak, I really appreciate your efforts in putting this together.

Thanks Tim,

Got mine yesterday. Very nice. Shame I dont get my pot for another month.

Regards,
Andrew.

Back