bulk bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poggor

Reaction score
anyone know a good place to buy bulk bottles? i need about 100 and would like to get a good price.

g

100 isn't "Bulk" to get wholesale you need to be ordering by the pallet which might be 2000 or more.
Plasdene and doubtless many other suppliers can help you, but don't expect anyone to be falling all over themselves to get your order, quantities like 100 are more of an annoyance than a benefit to their way of thinking.
Mark
Bottles.JPG

Where are you someone may have a heap they want to off load

poggor said:
anyone know a good place to buy bulk bottles? i need about 100 and would like to get a good price.

g
How soon do you need them?

If you keep an eye out on here/ebay/gumtree there is usually someone trying to offload a stack of bottles every couple of weeks.

Another option is to swing past a few of your local pubs/function centres etc and ask them if you can have their empty champagne bottles. Most places (in my experience) are more than happy to help you out, and seeing it is the silly season, most places are going to have a heap of empty champas bottles they need to get rid of.

Following on from MHB's comments Carniebrew headed up a Plasdene bulk buy where we got a pallet, a very good thing indeed. They weren't that easy to work with but they did get them to us in a relatively timely fashion in the end. It's certainly an awesome thing to have new bottles you only have to sanitize.

Plasdene, IIRC, has a $120 minimum but they will sell over the counter if you meet the minimum. They also sell fermentors and other stuff. Check out their website. http://www.plasdene.com.au/

I've never tried it but its not impossible a local brewer might sell you some. Just make it easy for them.

Try the local home brew shops . I know that the Home Brew Den in Boronia sell them for around 40c a bottle longnecks 750 ml crown seal . Or you could drink your way through some Coopers longnecks or buy the plastic bottles from Big W .

try your local recyling centre, picked up all my bottles from the local.
Picked up 49 bottles this morning.

Yum .

Here in Melbourne we don't have recycling centres any more . Haven't had them since the late eighties .

what about a brew on premise place? like U-brew-it. My local one usually has a pallet of bottles waiting for their customers, they may sell em to you empty...

beer belly said:
Yum .

Here in Melbourne we don't have recycling centres any more . Haven't had them since the late eighties .
I assume you have a waste removal site(tip) though, surely. They would have a recycle area.

Hey mate what I did was ask a couple of my friends to keep there beer bottles for a couple of weeks. Then give them to me instead of chucking. Fastest and cheapest way to do it. I gathered a heap really fast and for free :)

Look up your local reception centres (weddings etc) and give them a call ask if you can go through their glass bins.. You should be able to get enough from 1 or 2 venues after a good weekend. You'll only have to clean them. But I've found the CUB screwtop longnecks clean fairly easy.

back in my bottling days I worded up a bar in the city that sell coopers long necks. dropped off a few crates and they were magically filled every day for a few weeks. not exactly bulk or timely however.

Latest posts

Back