broke hydrometer test jar - what else could i use?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly a bit late, but I have been using these for years. $2.

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60136312/

tajt-vase__25065_PE109822_S4.JPG

I use the plastic tube they come in......I've got lots of them, get a new one ever time I get a new hydrometer.
They don't stand very well though bit wobbly. :)

hey Carlos - is that >18.5mm ID?

looks beautiful!

update - a mate at work heard me whinging about lack of HBS in city and said he had a kit from Christmas he hadn't even opened, said he'd bring in his tube for me to borrow!

sweet :)

Guess I'm off to IKEA to grab a couple. All my plastic hydrometer tubes are bent and getting worse which makes readings a little tricky

(edit: spelling)

wareemba said:
update - a mate at work heard me whinging about lack of HBS in city and said he had a kit from Christmas he hadn't even opened, said he'd bring in his tube for me to borrow!

sweet :)
Good news, but after using it tell your mate he's lost about 4 weeks of brewing, I mean that's 60 longnecks!!!!!!!

wareemba said:
Not sure mate, I'll check it when I'm home this evening....

Fits my standard hydrometer though...

wareemba said:
Hey mate, I have measured this up and it looks like the internal diameter is about 25mm. So plenty of room for some beer around the hydro.

I can tell you drinking the sample afterwards is much better from glass too! :kooi:

Back