Brewstands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Looking to finally get a stand made for my AG equipment & was wondering what a brewstand like Bonj or Brown Dog's would set me back to have made up? I wouldn't be looking to get the controllers & all that stuff (at this stage), just a frame on wheels.

Cheers

Paul

could you not just pinch one off an old BBQ ?

I can't help but show off my new brewstand. A mate and I put it together last night, cost me a case of beer.
Just needs a lick of paint and ready to go.

I'd be searching scrap yard to find the steel if I were you, don't buy it new.
Shouldn't cost 'too' much to get somebody to stick it together for your.

P2200004.jpg

Hi Paul,
I got all the steel for mine, except for the long lengths out of the scrap bin a tthe local steel merchants and I still ended up paying about $100, then there was the wheels at $12 each from bunnings. You then have quite a lot of cuts to make, unless you get your steel cut to length (more $) and then a slab for your mate to weld it up. Bonj might have a better idea on the steel prices for you, or you could come up with a design and ask Sqyre, he works for a steel mob.

cheers

Browndog

Hey Paul,
You can go steel if you want, but...........
IMG_0630.JPG
This is my brew stand, a mate put it together for me from some drawings and its Aluminum. The best thing is (for me anyway) that it's very light and easy to move, as I don't have room in my shed so it lives behind my shed and I don't have worry about rust.
Any material you go for, Ally or steel, go and have a look at second grade stuff, normally a bit cheaper.

Jay

If your not a must-have-it-now guy, regularly check your local scrapmetal merchants, they sell everything by weight, which is very cheap compared to buying new.
From dodgy memory, last time I bought from a scrappie, mild steel was around $1/kilo and Ali was around $3 or $4 per kilo.
If it's a good scrappie they will have all sorts of stuff set aside, extruded ali, angle iron/RHS etc etc.
Also a good supply for stainless sheet, sometimes they have stainless tanks from solar HWS, sometimes have new bright coils of copper tube suitable for chillers(~$7kg) etc etc.

Hey, the steel I bought (from the same place as Browndog) cost me $136.80. I didn't bother with offcuts, just went for full lengths. That price includes having all pieces cut to length from my plans.

Castors cost me $25.52 for all 4, from Supacheap Auto. Make sure the castors are load rated for your expected load (vessels and contents) averaged over each wheel.

Hope this helps.

edit: added castor costs.

I just purchased 50 x50 ml x2ml rhs for $70 cut to length. approx 8.1 mtrs.I have built my stand and christened today. The best thing I ever did. :lol:

cheers
Leachim

I just purchased 50 x50 ml x2ml rhs for $70 cut to length. approx 8.1 mtrs.I have built my stand and christened today. The best thing I ever did. :lol:

cheers
Leachim

Photos ?

You should contact a guy who is awesome at welding stainless and delivers with out question..

Phil.. someone.. I will google it for you.

:ph34r:

;)

You should contact a guy who is awesome at welding stainless and delivers with out question..

Phil.. someone.. I will google it for you.

:ph34r:

;)

Let me help look ...

Found him ...

PJIAC

cheers
Leachim

Not to one up you mate but i just got a similar deal. 16m of 50mm x50mm x2mm RHS for $100. Not cut to length though.
Got 4 castors off ebay and mig'd it all up.
I designed mine to fit kegs & cooler but as i get the system going & the process down pat i want to upgrade to stainless pot so I got the diamentions of the ones i wanted and fab'd the stand to suit both. Nothing like future proofing.

Built mine with the FIL out of Colourbond fencing gear. (FIL is a fencer). Got all the gear for free. Load tested with full vessels, and not even a wobble.
'Tis a shame the colour of it is called 'Mountain Mist'. I think I'll paint it black. Or red. Pics to come when 1) I can be bothered, 2) It's painted and 3) When my computer is back from the repair joint.

I went pallet racking, just incase I need to service the underbelly a tank:

IMG_4777_sml.jpg

Liftable wing is mild:

IMG_4767_sml.jpg

Just go any steel you can get and make a stand that work for you!!

Or ring phil.

Impressive stand Cocko

I used 16 meters of 35x35x2.5mm square bar and it cost me $96 all up.

Latest posts

Back