Brewshare Night In Sydney & Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melbourne BrewShare has been cancelled today (for tomorrow) as we didn't get a single person booking.

While there is a week to go, Darlo only has 5 people booked so far (we will review the numbers later this week to see whether to cancel that too). Last time in Darlo, we had a room full of 25 people eager to come again and dozens of people voting for APA to be the style for the next night.

Together with Grain & Grape and Dave's Home Brew, we're really keen to support homebrew crews in both cities but hardly anyone appears interested in this round of events and we announced the dates two months ago, have posted updates on these forums and on our blog!

Please post your feedback as to whether this night is worth supporting moving forward.

Cheers n Beers,

Steve

Melbourne BrewShare has been cancelled today (for tomorrow) as we didn't get a single person booking.

While there is a week to go, Darlo only has 5 people booked so far (we will review the numbers later this week to see whether to cancel that too). Last time in Darlo, we had a room full of 25 people eager to come again and dozens of people voting for APA to be the style for the next night.

Together with Grain & Grape and Dave's Home Brew, we're really keen to support homebrew crews in both cities but hardly anyone appears interested in this round of events and we announced the dates two months ago, have posted updates on these forums and on our blog!

Please post your feedback as to whether this night is worth supporting moving forward.

Cheers n Beers,

Steve

Where is everyone? I'm in for Sydney..

Can't make it this time but would be keen for them to continue. Really enjoyed the first one in Sydney.

I really like the sounds of this event, but I am really just starting out homebrewing and don't really have anything decent to take to an event like this. As I get a bit more experienced I would definitely be interested in attending one in Melbourne.

EDIT: sp

As I told you the other night I missed the earlier date and have NO homebrew at all:( Very sad indeed.
If my APA was remotely ready I'd bring it along, but you can't rush a good thing.

I know it's minimal & it includes pizza but maybe the $10 your charging this time put people off? Maybe keep it free and let those who want to eat do so on their own accord?

Plenty of brews PLANNED just gotta get around to doing it. Should definately have something for the next one if it goes ahead.

Haldini, we all gotta start somewhere. All levels of brewers are welcome. Hopefully it happens again.

I know it February and some of you are doing this "no booze in February" thing but to have only 5 people register is surprising considering the enthusiasm and turn out last time, come on folks dig deep and sign up. BTW you don't have to bring an APA as per the earlier post.

Code:
As per our BrewShare posts, most people will probably brew an American Pale Ale but if you can't (or don't want to), there is an Open Class. There will be a points winner in both classes but there can only be one People's Choice best beer and this can come from either class.

I'd be there but am now in Perth. Will hassle my friends to go along. They should have something to share...

Edit: One of them is thinking of going along. I'm pretty sure he hasn't booked. And he will likely bring another brewer, so it's on the up.

Bookings in Darlo are up to 9 now. We will limit it to 20 until the roof terrace opens so we still have space for 11 more! You can book in the left hand column of the blog..

http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/

The next BrewShare will be in May and we are working on dates now.. It will be a Tues though.

Shall check my stocks tonight, before applying for a leave pass.
The link is giving me hassles.
Can someone post the lowdown here? Time, how many tallies to bring, etc?
I understand it's $10 each for pizzas.

Definitely want to attend, but just coming out of the Xmas season, it snuck up on me, and I don't have any IPA's ready to go.

I think the $10 for pizza is a good idea, especially for those of us who will be driving.

Give it another go in Melb before cancelling it for good, it's a great idea.

Definitely want to attend, but just coming out of the Xmas season, it snuck up on me, and I don't have any IPA's ready to go.

I think the $10 for pizza is a good idea, especially for those of us who will be driving.

Give it another go in Melb before cancelling it for good, it's a great idea.
Good thing its APA's then :p

Or maybe thats is just Darlo

Got a 90% possibility here of attending. Will add my name soon.

Just paid.

Going for the newbie back slap. I hope you guys arent too cruel. :unsure:

Anyone driving?

Latest posts

Back