Brewshare Night In Sydney & Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on bringing a 9l keg, will call tomorrow to see what the serving setup they have is, but just in case is there anyone who could bring along a co2 charger? Will reimburse for the cartrage, of course. Also, I'm driving so will only be able to literally taste, as opposed to drink. Can offer a lift to anyone heading back anywhere between the bridge and pennant hills, i.e. North Sydney, lane cove, north ryde, epping.

I'm planning on bringing a 9l keg, will call tomorrow to see what the serving setup they have is, but just in case is there anyone who could bring along a co2 charger? Will reimburse for the cartrage, of course. Also, I'm driving so will only be able to literally taste, as opposed to drink. Can offer a lift to anyone heading back anywhere between the bridge and pennant hills, i.e. North Sydney, lane cove, north ryde, epping.

No probs.
Can throw in a soda cylinder, reg and tap.
In return a drop off at West Pennant Hills/Cherrybrook :p

Doc

I'm for willoughby. Not exactly on the way but worth a shot. Will shout you next time we are at the taphouse together... And also, you got to work out a better way of getting to and from the taphouse. You drove last time!

anyone have any ideas when the next one for Melbourne will be on ?

Aaron

hey Aaron, we will announce next BrewShare dates for both venues on our blog soon.

St Kilda's BrewShare was great fun and we got such positive and constructive eedback from the enthusiastic first timers.. Tonight's BrewShare in Darlo has a much bigger crowd anticipated (booked out a week ago) so we expect to get a feel of what works and what doesn't! Either way, we are hopeful it will become a popular fixture on the Melbourne and Sydney homebrew calendar.

We launched it as a quarterly idea but if interest is high and punters want it more often, then we'll do it more often!

Steve

It was a top night. Thanks muchly Steve and the Local Taphouse.

Amazing time loss moment though. One minute it was 7pm, then before I knew it, it was 11pm.
Looking forward to the poll for the style for the next one.

Doc

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my beer and made it a winner, also bigups to Dave for the prize.

It was also a treat to try everyones beers

Congrats, Mike. Wish I could have made it. Hopefully next time. :party:

What was the beer Mike?

Kabooby :)

Was a Belgian Blonde, started out life as a Tripel Karmelite clone but I made it a bit smaller for drikability, also ran out of corriander hence the small quantity, recipe below:

Mikes Belgian Speciality Ale
16-E Belgian Specialty Ale
Author: MM
Date: 6/5/09

Size: 23.0 L
Efficiency: 75.0%
Attenuation: 80.0%
Calories: 205.35 kcal per 12.0 fl oz

Original Gravity: 1.062 (1.026 - 1.120)
Terminal Gravity: 1.012 (0.995 - 1.035)
Color: 12.56 (1.0 - 50.0)
Alcohol: 6.52% (2.5% - 14.5%)
Bitterness: 26.2 (0.0 - 100.0)

Ingredients:
4.2 kg Pilsner Malt
0.9 kg Australian Wheat Malt
0.35 kg Carapils/Carafoam
0.2 kg Barley Flaked
0.2 kg German Vienna
0.12 kg Melanoidin Malt
0.12 kg Oat Malt
0.1 kg Oats Flaked
28.0 g East Kent Goldings (5.0%) - added during boil, boiled 60.0 min
28.0 g Czech Saaz (3.0%) - added during boil, boiled 30.0 min
28.0 g Czech Saaz (3.0%) - added during boil, boiled 15.0 min
1.0 ea WYeast 3787 Trappist High Gravity
0.3 kg White Table Sugar (Sucrose)
10.0 g Corriander seeds - added during boil, boiled 0.0 min

Schedule:
Ambient Air: 21.11 C
Source Water: 15.56 C

Notes
14l @73c if grain is 19.5c to hit 65c
Ended up with just over 20L
1.5 hr Mash
1.5 hr boil
Made 2l starter 2 days out

Well done Mike, and to the Taphouse for hosting and supporting this. I hope that an attractive blonde Californian, whom was into her craftbrews, turned up. I met her the previous evening at the Redoak and suggested that she visit (i.e. gatecrash) the event!

Well done Mike, and to the Taphouse for hosting and supporting this. I hope that an attractive blonde Californian, whom was into her craftbrews, turned up. I met her the previous evening at the Redoak and suggested that she visit (i.e. gatecrash) the event!

Alas, she didn't! I wish she had as the more ladies that come to these things the better..

Good to see the assistant 5ibc brewer presented his beer well (go the PET Ben!). Looked like a lot of fun.

Scotty

Your votes have been tallied and the beer style for the next BrewShare on Tuesday Feb 2nd (St Kilda) and Feb 9th (Darlo) is:

American Pale Ale

As per our BrewShare posts, most people will probably brew an American Pale Ale but if you can't (or don't want to), there is an Open Class. There will be a points winner in both classes but there can only be one People's Choice best beer and this can come from either class.

As per your feedback on our blog, the cost of the night will now be a meagre $10, all of which goes towards pizzas (to help soak all those beers!). We'll open a pre-bookings button closer to the date.

Start brewing!

Damn, that came around fast!!! I have ZERO beer:( And nothing currently brewing either...APA in not even four weeks???

Back