Brewshare Night In Sydney & Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic.
Reading between the lines, is the assumption 1 beer per homebrewer ?
I was planning on bring three different beers, but can easily narrow it back down to 2 and maybe 1 :(

Doc

Hey Doc, we will limit the first BrewShare to one beer per home brewer as see how we go. By all means bring more than one but only one can be put forward for the official tasting.

Have you filled in the online form yet?

Filled in the form last night, bringing along an IPA :)

Would be good to bring more that 1, but 'tasting' 25 different brews (assuming everyone brings something) will likely be enough of a challenge :)

Hey Doc, we will limit the first BrewShare to one beer per home brewer as see how we go. By all means bring more than one but only one can be put forward for the official tasting.

Have you filled in the online form yet?

No probs. Form filled out.
I'm bringing Doc's Rhubarb Breakfast Ale. It was a coin flip between that or my American Black Ale (basically a Black APA).
See you Thursday.

Beers,
Doc

Melbourne's got some spots left but you'd have to be quick (and have some brew ready-to-go) as it's on this coming Thu..

We'll learn a lot from this week's first BrewShare sessions and hopefully you can get in to the next one!

I've had this locked in the calander for some time, and didn't realise I had to book untill Doc told me today. Any chance for a reserve list if anyone pulls out? No chance of allocating any extra space?

I'm very glad there has been such an excellent turnout for this, but at the same time so frikking disappointed!

Melbourne's got some spots left but you'd have to be quick (and have some brew ready-to-go) as it's on this coming Thu..

We'll learn a lot from this week's first BrewShare sessions and hopefully you can get in to the next one!

Sorry, Melbourne is TUESDAY.. Darlo is Thursday..

I've had this locked in the calander for some time, and didn't realise I had to book untill Doc told me today. Any chance for a reserve list if anyone pulls out? No chance of allocating any extra space?

I'm very glad there has been such an excellent turnout for this, but at the same time so frikking disappointed!

Sorry bout missing out (the booking info was on all promo stuff I think) but email [email protected] and Paul can put you down for a fill in if anyone pulls out. We hope each BrewShare gets more popular and will work out some way to cater for more..

I've heard rumours a couple of guys may not be able to make it.
Maybe if there is a waiting list and those that can't make it let Paul know, the event can still be fully subscribed.

Doc

Just checking that if the measures are 90-100ml and we only bring 1.5 to 2 litres and 24 people are there, won't we be short? Or is the glass 100ml with a half serve?

We expect the measures to be 90ml but they will vary if need be.

The first BrewShare is limited to about 18 or so people due to space. If it's the success we hope it will be, we will move it downstairs when our roof terrace opens (hopefully before the next BrewShare in Feb)..

See ya on Thursday.

PS. I have just posted the lineup so far on the our blog at thelocal.com.au..

I've heard rumours a couple of guys may not be able to make it.
Maybe if there is a waiting list and those that can't make it let Paul know, the event can still be fully subscribed.

Doc

Hey Doc, we have had a couple of withdrawals but we're kinda cool with that as it could've been to squeezy!

As per my earlier post today, if BrewShare proves a winner, we'll prob move it downstairs for the next one (if the roof terrace is open). We could have 100 or so home brewers then!

I feel ashamed after seeing pics from the St Kilda night. Those bottles looked great. Mine is a 2 litre PET with the lemonade label still on it...

[quote name='O'Henry' post='558887' date='Nov 25 2009, 06:04 PM']I feel ashamed after seeing pics from the St Kilda night. Those bottles looked great. Mine is a 2 litre PET with the lemonade label still on it...[/quote]

Ha! Don't worry, he had a designer friend. We can't all have one of those!!

[quote name='O'Henry' post='558887' date='Nov 25 2009, 06:04 PM']I feel ashamed after seeing pics from the St Kilda night. Those bottles looked great. Mine is a 2 litre PET with the lemonade label still on it...[/quote]

About to leave work to go home and fill my Stone Brewing Growler with my share beer for tomorrow night.
Been a loooong week, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night.

Doc

Anyone else taking a Keg? I'm transferring to a 9L party keg tonight.

Would love to, but I don't think I'd get it on the bus without a few "Please Explains".
And I don't want to drive.

Doc

Back