Brewpubs In Melbourne Cbd?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpowell

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'll be heading down to Melbourne with SWMBO in early August and was hoping for some recommendations for any micro's/brewpubs in the CBD area (won't have a car, so need to be within staggering distance). Do any such animals exist, or are they all in the 'burbs? I remember someone put together a list of brewpubs recently on the wiki, but would appreciate some recommendations from the locals.

Thanks,
Michael :)

Theres the James Squire places, one in the CBD and the other in Docklands. Moutain Goat in Richmond and Emerald Hill in South Melbourne are easy to get to by PT if you can be bothered but are only open Friday nights. Moutain Goat has The Royston right by it which has a decent selection of aussie micros on tap and bottles.
Mrs Parmas on Little Bourke has a decent selection of Victorian micros on tap and bottled (but most regulars will be drinking carlton) Theres also Cookie which has a HUGE selection but is mainly international stuff but they usually have at least one micro on tap. You can find all these places (except Mrs Parmas) in the Melbourne section of beeradvocate.com. I think Mrs Parmas is 25 Little Bourke, which is the Spring St end.
Hope thats of some help.

Theres the James Squire places, one in the CBD and the other in Docklands. Moutain Goat in Richmond and Emerald Hill in South Melbourne are easy to get to by PT if you can be bothered but are only open Friday nights. Moutain Goat has The Royston right by it which has a decent selection of aussie micros on tap and bottles.
Mrs Parmas on Little Bourke has a decent selection of Victorian micros on tap and bottled (but most regulars will be drinking carlton) Theres also Cookie which has a HUGE selection but is mainly international stuff but they usually have at least one micro on tap. You can find all these places (except Mrs Parmas) in the Melbourne section of beeradvocate.com. I think Mrs Parmas is 25 Little Bourke, which is the Spring St end.
Hope thats of some help.

Cheers BrenosBrews! Just what I was after.

Also well worth a short train trip to Holgate's Brewery at Woodend :blink:

Just arrived back yesterday. Visited Cookie, Mrs Parma's and the JS Brewpub on Russell St. My definite favourite was Cookie. I almost fell over when the bartender handed over a 28 page beer menu (the food menu was 1 page :) )!!!

My favourite microbrew was the Jamison's "The Beast" IPA. Anyone know the IBU of this one???

Thanks again for all the tips boys!

Even managed to catch the Lions/Hawks game....

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back