Brewing While Travelling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metters

Reaction score
Well it has finally happened, the Motorhome that we came over from WA to pick up from Gympie and had fitted out in Lowood is now parked in front of Ross's house in Carbrook about 15 meters from his bar. I'm doing a bit of shed building for him at the moment.

After all the suggestions on how to brew while moving (thanks to those who gave opinions) and a very strong argument from Ross to go kegs, I've opted to stay in glass or the time being even though 5 blew on the trip over from WA and that was after letting off pressure (they will get a smoother ride in the bus).
I just don't have room in my little beer fridge for one keg let alone the three or four I would want on tap for variety.

I knocked up a small thermostatically controlled hot/cool box that will take a fermenter so should still be able to control temps as long as the sun is shining, everything is solar powered when out in the scrub.
Ross was going to post pictures of the rig so will leave that to him - watch this space.

We are waiting for our boat to arrive this week - sea trials with Ross on board - then running back to Exmouth to sit on the beach and soak up some sun for a couple of months. Too cold here in Brisbane!

Ross is kindly supplying me with a couple of allgrain werts to kick the brewing off with and then I'll be back into it, brewing on the beach will be novel.

We won't be able to get online very often as we will be relying on mobile phone signal (a rare commodity in some parts of the bush) but will get on the fourum whenever possible.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in our travels.

cheers Noel.

Good on ya Noel,

Travelled the country over 18 months and ran across a lot of guys brewing on the wallaby. One chap I met in Mareeba and one in Broome come to mind (because their beer was the best). Generally you hunker down in one spot long enough to ferment and bottle anyway, too expensive to keep travelling and sites are cheaper by the week. Cost us around $120 a day in fuel on the run. What luck scoring a spot at Ross' and working for beer.

So what happend to the pictures ???

Happey travels

Cheers :beer:

Love to see some pics

He's not heading this way is he Ross?

I'll lock the bar , I know what he's like :beer: :beer:

Batz :lol:

Love to see some pics

He's not heading this way is he Ross?

I'll lock the bar , I know what he's like :beer:

Batz :lol:

LOL - The bus is a monster, if it got up to your house it'd be stuck there for good :D

Guess he could get work with "Chainsaw" or one of the other colourful locals :D

Cheers Ross

LOL - The bus is a monster, if it got up to your house it'd be stuck there for good :D

Guess he could get work with "Chainsaw" or one of the other colourful locals :D

Cheers Ross

Perhaps park it on Tidalpetes front lawn ?

Batz

Great Idea Batz, there's a landscaped centre parking bay in front of Pete's, would probably have to parallel park the bus. What a spot, right on the beach and free rent. Maybe he could mow the lawn for Pete!

. Maybe he could mow the lawn for Pete!

Wouldn't have to mow it if the bus was parked on it.

Plenty of nice little beer on the go crates,just grab one each day for the bus.

Batz

Other than the high cost of fuel what a great way to travel and meet other AHB brewers.I like the idea of a brewday and wort transfer to metters so he can brew on the run.
Yep am also waiting for the photos.

Cheers
Big D

sounds like a nice little challenge there, let us know how you go.

And go on ya ross for helping out and sharing your! beers

Come on Ross get them pictures on the air. Sounds like I'll be on Tidal Pete's front lawn instead of yours Batz, I don't think I'd be able to back the rig out of your place if I got it off the road up the driveway in the first place.
UN-fortunately I'm stuck here at Ross's 'til my boat is ready (could be some time!!) but the way his kegs keep running out - "what that was nearly full the other day" - I might have to move north for the winter.
How many beers have you got on tap Pete?
Wort transfer works for me big D more than happy to spread the good cheer around, I'll try to leave here loaded if you know what I mean.

There's plenty of caravan parks within easy driving of the Batcave

If your bus makes it, looks a bit, well...rough mate :blink:

Batz

, I don't think I'd be able to back the rig out of your place if I got it off the road up the driveway in the first place.

Last guy to bring a bus up got stuck down the bottom of the road,he's been working on getting it out for a while now.

Batz

IMG_0627.JPGThe sleeping arrangements are rougher than at your place as well batz

Sorry for the delay guys, I couldn't convince Ross to post the pics so have made myself an album in the gallery.
The first photo is of 2 of the 4 house batteries and the switchboard - 12, 24 and 240 volts available, next 3 are the mobile temp controlled brew box, then the BBQ and beer fridge, the rig parked in front of Ross's house and the inside of home for the next 10 or 15 years.
cheers nm

Will post pics of the trailer and boat when I get it here and build the boat ramp on the trailer.

Didnt realise you were doing it so tough metters. :p
Great photos.

Big D

Latest posts

Back